As the head of the credit risk team, the Head of Credit manages the credit risk function within the Risk Department. This leadership role requires a seasoned professional with a strong understanding of credit risk management, regulatory compliance, and strategic decision-making. The role involves assessing the creditworthiness of counterparties, negotiating collateral terms in conjunction with the Sales team, monitoring credit risk indicators, exposures, and limits, and reviewing the credit quality of iBanFirst’s portfolio exposure. Reporting directly to the CRO, the Head of Credit manages a team of credit risk analysts.
The main goal is to ensure iBanFirst’s credit exposure is controlled and maintained within the risk appetite and in line with the credit strategy set by the board.
🎯 What you will do
- Develop and execute the credit risk management strategy aligned with the company's objectives.
- Assess and anticipate potential risks, implementing proactive measures to mitigate them.
- Collaborate with the Chief Risk Officer to align credit risk strategies with overall business goals.
Risk Assessment and Analysis:
- Lead the assessment of credit risks associated with new and existing client positions. Managed multiple credit requests in a timely and effective fashion, produced well-researched and accurate credit reviews, and worked directly with sales teams across business units to address credit requests and issues.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of credit portfolios, identifying trends, patterns, and potential areas of concern.
- Implement risk models and methodologies to assess creditworthiness and portfolio performance.
- Monitor and manage clients’ margin call performance.
- Coordinate stress analysis on clients’ credit profiles.
- Monitor changing market conditions that might affect the credit quality of iBanFirst’s credit risk exposure.
Policy Development and Implementation:
- Develop and maintain robust credit risk policies and procedures in accordance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to credit policies across iBanFirst and propose enhancements when necessary.
- Stay updated with regulatory changes and ensure compliance within the credit risk function.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Manage and mentor a team of credit risk professionals, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to team members, encouraging their professional growth and development.
- Allocate resources effectively to optimise team performance and productivity.
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare and present comprehensive credit risk MI reports to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with various departments to convey risk-related insights and recommendations.
- Coordinate and participate in the Credit Risk Committee and follow up on all action points.
- Participate in the Board Risk Committee and prepare the necessary reports.
🔎 What do you bring?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Risk Management, or a related field; advanced degree or relevant certifications (e.g., FRM, CFA) are a plus.
- Proven experience in credit risk management within the financial services industry, with demonstrated progression in leadership roles.
- Strong understanding of credit risk modelling, analytics, and methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret complex data.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work in a dynamic business and simultaneously demonstrate experience working on several projects.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deal with large data sets
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise accordingly
- Good understanding of financial products
- High standard of oral & written English is mandatory
- Fluency in other European languages (e.g. German, Spanish, Dutch, French, etc.) is desirable
Salary Range : 80K to 90K
✅ Step 1 : Interview with Talent Acquisition
✅ Step 2 : Interview with a Credit Analyst
✅Step 3 : Interview with Chief Risk Officer
💡 Who are we?
Founded in 2016, iBanFirst has quickly established itself as the leading alternative for businesses that trade and carry out international payments. iBanFirst offers a next-generation cross-border payment experience that combines a powerful platform and the support of FX experts. With iBanFirst, executives and finance teams can get direct access to currency markets, receive, send and track payments and develop tailored hedging strategies.
With more than 350 employees in 10 European countries, processing a volume of transactions worth more than €1.4 billion each month, and listed by the Financial Times as one of Europe's fastest growing companies, iBanFirst became in less than 10 years a trusted partner for SMEs across borders.
iBanFirst has the financial backing of the French public investment bank (bpiFrance), European venture capital leaders (Elaia, Xavier Niel), and the American investment fund Marlin Equity Partners (more than 8 billion dollars of capital under management).
Regulated by the National Bank of Belgium as a payment institution, iBanFirst is authorized to operate throughout the European Union. Member of the SWIFT network and SEPA certified, iBanFirst holds AISP and PISP accreditations under PSD2.