We are Journee! We are the leading enterprise platform for immersive online experiences. We connect people in the virtual realm, offering a groundbreaking solution for them to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D interactive experience in the immersive digital environments. We are independently owned, founded in 2020 and strive to create a world in which the internet is a beautiful, inclusive, and empowering space for all.
We are scaling fast and simply love bold and fearless ideas that connect and create real change for our clients’ business. We are recognized for our work amongst others in The Webby Awards and Clio Awards and are trusted by top global enterprises and iconic brands such as Vogue Business, WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, and this is just to mention a few.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning production in collaboration with the creative producer and other relevant stakeholders
- Building stunning mood boards of existing 3d worlds, digital art, 3d avatars, inspiring soundtracks and user experiences through fast and efficient research across different media platforms.
- Conveying expectations in terms of quality and content (settings, environments, characters) to the team (concept artists, environment artists, character model artists) using relevant visual references
- Monitoring and approving work done by the Unreal Art team, as well as the integration of visual data into the engine
- Extracting the challenges from the client and turning them into concrete design decisions.
Who we are looking for:
- Several years of experience in a similar role
- Experience & knowledge of Unreal Engine is a must. Experience with other relevant tools also useful (c4d, 3dmax, Blender, Houdini, unity) 2D (Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, Premiere)
- Experience in building style frames (early sketches in 3d programs and/or digital paintings) to illustrate stunning, surprising and desirable 3d worlds.
- You can show concepts from initiation, through to reality, with individual or commercial projects.
- Great aesthetic eye!
- Experience in the gamification (game design) of experiences and worlds, is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization, internally and externally
- Good energy, empathy and open-mindedness; you have a positive “can-do” mindset
- Leadership experience. You have managed a team of artists providing guidance and artistic direction.
Why work with us:
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning
Journee is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. We value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, and veteran status. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better business outcomes, stronger relationships with our customers and partners, and a more fulfilling work experience for our employees.