We are Journee! We are the leading enterprise platform for immersive online experiences. We connect people in the virtual realm, offering a groundbreaking solution for them to come together virtually and enjoy the most high-end 3D interactive experience in the immersive digital environments. We are independently owned, founded in 2020 and strive to create a world in which the internet is a beautiful, inclusive, and empowering space for all.
We are scaling fast and simply love bold and fearless ideas that connect and create real change for our clients’ business. We are recognized for our work amongst others in The Webby Awards and Clio Awards and are trusted by top global enterprises and iconic brands such as Vogue Business, WWF, BMW, H&M, Siemens, DEPT, McCann, Adidas, Conde Nast, and this is just to mention a few.
We are looking for a UI/UX Engineer to help build the front-end of our web applications. Our tech stack consists primarily of TypeScript, React, AWS, Infrastructure as Code and Unreal Engine. We are looking for autonomous, proactive and reliable people to work with a growing remote tech team focused on quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and develop a visually appealing and user-friendly interface for our own Metaverse as a Service platform, to create, manage and deploy client’s experience.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, including product managers, designers, and developers, to ensure that user experience strategies and requirements align with business goals and user needs.
- Conduct user research to gather feedback and insights to improve the CMS tool’s UI and UX.
- Create and maintain UI style guides and utilize responsive design techniques to optimize the CMS tool for different screen sizes and devices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI/UX design trends and best practices.
Who we are looking for:
- Solid experience with TypeScript, React, Redux, CSS, etc.
- Top-notch attention to UI, UX and responsiveness details
- Formal education in CS is not required – show us what you can do!
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English
Why work with us:
- Remote-first company with offices in Berlin, Cape Town, Dubai and New York
- Flexibility to work in Berlin or remotely in a similar time zone (CET/ CEST +/- 2 hours)
- Exciting career growth opportunities in a startup environment working on cutting edge projects with top global brands
- Become part of our mission to reconnect human & brands in virtual spaces
- Regular connecting team off-sites and team dinner events
- We have strong values in place: high performance, transparency, open communication, adaptability & always learning
Journee is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and fairness. We value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, and veteran status. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better business outcomes, stronger relationships with our customers and partners, and a more fulfilling work experience for our employees.