Join us as an Optimisation Expert (m/f/d) in our Fleet Optimisation team on a shared journey that matters!
We are looking for a researcher in the field of Operations Research who is eager to develop production ready algorithms in Rust to strengthen our fleet optimisation team. Our system optimises the utilisation of our fleet to pickup and deliver our customers in the most efficient manner. Fleet optimisation is an essential part of MOIA’s business as it strongly influences unit economics and customer satisfaction.
What you will do
- Develop a software system that optimises our fleet with respect to passenger-to-vehicle assignment and operational aspects such as driver breaks while respecting constraints such as vehicle capacity and customer time windows.
- Contribute production-ready code to our in-house algorithm in the Rust programming language.
- Apply your experience in the field of Operations Research by participating in the research efforts of the team and identify promising changes to the algorithm.
- Share your scientific knowledge in the team and amplify the team’s existing activities in the Operations Research community such as the German association for Operations Research.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Your team player attitude. You actively seek to avoid knowledge silos.
- You possess expert knowledge in Operations Research, more specifically meta-heuristics and vehicle routing problems, proven by scientific contributions in this field.
- You know how to build algorithms from the ground up, your experience is not limited to using existing solvers.
- You have Rust experience or a strong interest in Rust paired with experience in other systems programming languages.
- While coming from a scientific background you also have experience in solving practical problems. Your experience is not limited to foundational research.
- You like to provide and receive feedback, and to develop software collaboratively for example through pair programming.
- You feel at home in an agile team with a focus on delivering improvements with customer impact at high pace.
Our team and system
- In our team, some have a stronger background in Operations Research while others lean towards the pure software engineering discipline. However, none of us identifies as either-or and we believe in the value of closing knowledge gaps as much as possible.
- We embrace continuous delivery & DevOps, deploying multiple times per day.
- We maintain our own benchmarking simulator to validate algorithmic improvements on historical data. Launching experiments is as easy as commenting on a pull request.
- Analysing problems in a complex system is hard. We collaborate closely with a team of data experts to visualise decisions made by the optimisation to find, explain, and fix problems.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role since we are looking for a diverse range of experiences, skills, and interests. We are certain that there will be something for everyone because we are working on such a variety of tasks and embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Veronica directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully subsidized) for commuting and traveling throughout Germany and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are dedicated to actively fostering a workplace that celebrates and promotes diversity in various aspects such as age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA, we embrace a culture where people are accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
In our commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity, we regularly provide unconscious bias training to all our employees. Furthermore, we continuously strive to enhance our hiring process by ensuring a diverse hiring panel.
To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include your picture, age, address, or any other details that are unrelated to your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA ridepooling vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.