Join us as a Transport Modelling Specialist (m/f/d) in our Mobility Analytics team on a shared journey that matters!
The Mobility Analytics team combines mobility research, empirical data, models and simulations to provide a comprehensive understanding of our ride-pooling service in Hamburg and beyond. We use diverse (open) data and state-of-the-art technologies to define the mid- and long-term development of MOIA in the mobility system.
What you will do
- Build and develop our agent-based simulation models with a focus on ridepooling.
- Improve our cloud-based modeling and simulation pipelines to ensure high quality and reproducibility.
- Analyze and interpret simulations for internal and external stakeholders, e.g. our management, city authorities, public transport operators, or similar.
- Expand our data analysis and visualization capabilities.
- Integrate behavioral and geographical models based on surveys and statistical data into our existing mobility models.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- You have an academic background in transportation planning, computer science, econometrics, data analytics, or similar.
- You have excellent knowledge of object-oriented software development (ideally Java) and have worked in interdisciplinary software projects using e.g., Maven and Git.
- You have great experience with cloud-based computing services (preferably AWS)
- You have great experience with agent-based modelling of complex systems and optimization algorithms (ideally with MATSim).
- You have experience with processing and statistically analyzing large files and databases (e.g., with SQL, Python or R).
- Experience with ridepooling simulations, behavioral modelling and geographical data is a plus.
- You have a strong interest in the mobility market and new mobility modes.
- You like to work in an agile and fast developing organization.
- You have very good communication skills in English, German is a plus.
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role since we are looking for a diverse range of experiences, skills, and interests. We are certain that there will be something for everyone because we are working on such a variety of tasks and embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Veronica directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 4 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully subsidized) for commuting and traveling throughout Germany and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are dedicated to actively fostering a workplace that celebrates and promotes diversity in various aspects such as age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA, we embrace a culture where people are accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
In our commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity, we regularly provide unconscious bias training to all our employees. Furthermore, we continuously strive to enhance our hiring process by ensuring a diverse hiring panel.
To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include your picture, age, address, or any other details that are unrelated to your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 300 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA ridepooling vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.