Join us as a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) in our Rider Engagement team on a shared journey that matters!
You will join kind and passionate software engineers in the Rider Engagement team. The Rider Engagement team owns growth & monetization levers and is responsible for driving customer retention and revenue related KPIs. With your team, you will support the entire customers’ retention and engagement at MOIA.
As a Backend Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team, supporting from frontend to backend to infrastructure. You can expect to be part of a team with a tech stack full of different flavors, interesting challenges, and a strong culture of knowledge sharing.
What you will do
As a vital member of our team, you will engage in various activities that offer versatile development and learning opportunities. Your daily routine will encompass the following core aspects:
- Develop new features using Scala, Typescript and React
- Manage and orchestrate distributed systems to ensure seamless collaboration
- Maintaining and optimizing the cloud infrastructure on AWS adhering to the "you build it, you run it" philosophy with the collaborative support of our skilled DevOps Engineers
- Take ownership of your code and make influential decisions regarding the technologies and tools used to deliver and operate our applications. This freedom to choose empowers you to explore and implement the most effective solutions.
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Proven working experience as a Backend Engineer, Scala Developer, or similar roles
- Openness to working with multiple technologies in one project
- Knowledge & hands-on experience with Scala and Typescript
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment; you are proactively seeking help when blocked
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Familiarity with React, GraphQL, Akka, and ZIO are a plus
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role since we are looking for a diverse range of experiences, skills, and interests. We are certain that there will be something for everyone because we are working on such a variety of tasks and embrace individual growth at MOIA.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 6 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully subsidized) for commuting and traveling throughout Germany and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are dedicated to actively fostering a workplace that celebrates and promotes diversity in various aspects such as age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA, we embrace a culture where people are accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
In our commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity, we regularly provide unconscious bias training to all our employees. Furthermore, we continuously strive to enhance our hiring process by ensuring a diverse hiring panel.
To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include your picture, age, address, or any other details that are unrelated to your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 350 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA ridepooling vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.