Join us as an Algorithm Engineer (m/f/d) in our Routing Team on a shared journey that matters!
The Routing team is building MOIA's routing engine which constitutes an essential part of MOIA's business model. The system helps us to safely guide our ever-growing fleet(s) of (soon-to-be autonomous) vehicles through cities and predict accurate travel times for our customers. To enable efficient routing, the team also maintains a MOIA-customized map that serves as a key ingredient for the routing engine but also finds application in various geospatial use-cases and simulations inside MOIA.
What you will do
- You and your team build and maintain a software system to provide travel times and routes for our vehicle fleet. The travel times directly influence the assignment of customers to vehicles and yield ETAs for our customers. Hence, high accuracy is mandatory and monitoring and improving it is your daily business
- In other scenarios, only approximate travel times are required but at a high volume. You will actively participate to develop state-of-the-art routing algorithms and data structures that support fast travel time queries and continuously monitor and improve the quality of the system.
- To reach these targets jointly, you become part of a highly specialized team comprising software engineers with different areas of expertise such as routing algorithms, high-performance computing, geospatial computation, and geospatial data analysis
What will help you to fulfill your role
- Solid professional experience in developing highly efficient applications in Rust
- Having deep experience in developing and designing software for microservice-based environments. Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS-managed services for deployments is a plus
- Be ready to live and breathe DevOps and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, and continuous deployment
- An understanding of the complexity of algorithms and the desire to dig deep and squeeze the last bit of performance out of our systems
- You enjoy tweaking and optimizing running systems, working with our data analysis experts who help drive improvements on accuracy of ETAs and other metrics
- Strong interest in working with geospatial data (maps, routes, GPS traces), routing algorithms and routing APIs. Previous experience in this area is beneficial, but not mandatory
- You enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with colleagues, also in a remote-first setting
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role since we are looking for a diverse range of experiences, skills, and interests. We are certain that there will be something for everyone because we are working on such a variety of tasks and embrace individual growth at MOIA.
In case you have questions regarding your application, you can approach the recruiter Ben directly.
Our benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for up to 6 weeks per year from over 40 different countries - Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully subsidized) for commuting and traveling throughout Germany and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. You can find them here.
Be who you are!
We are a member of Charta der Vielfalt and are dedicated to actively fostering a workplace that celebrates and promotes diversity in various aspects such as age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA, we embrace a culture where people are accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
In our commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity, we regularly provide unconscious bias training to all our employees. Furthermore, we continuously strive to enhance our hiring process by ensuring a diverse hiring panel.
To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include your picture, age, address, or any other details that are unrelated to your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Our Future Work model
Since we love to collaborate, it is clear to us that we don't want to become a fully remote company, but we also don't need to spend every day of the week in the office to do a great job.
Our current hybrid work approach focuses on adapting to different needs, including increased flexibility that works best for the teams and the individuals with as much self-determination as possible.
Who we are
At MOIA GmbH, our team of more than 350 employees develops the technical products for our on-demand ridepooling service in the form of an end-to-end integrated product, from hub, fleet, and driver management to passenger and B2B solutions. At the same time, we want to make the vision of an autonomously driving mobility service a reality and plan to bring the first autonomous MOIA ridepooling vehicle to the streets by 2025.
At our offices in Berlin and Hamburg, international teams of developers, engineers, designers, and strategists work on a shared mission. As a tech company, more than half of our employees are developers. We pursue value-driven development based on our product values of comfort, reliability, safety, and privacy.
We aspire to be a leading company in the fields of rethinking mobility and improving urban transportation by making it more relaxed, more affordable and an entirely positive experience for everyone.
MOIA gets things moving. On a shared journey – towards an easier, smarter, and more meaningful future.