we question, we imagine, we dare, we do.
Our vision is to make a healthy and sustainable lifestyle the most attractive choice. So we defy: the status quo, misleading product, and nonsense rules! We truly believe in the power of ideas and are thirsty to realize the ones that could have impact. We're an eclectic bunch of creative minds, experts, builders, and improvers. Our perspectives, cultures, backgrounds, dreams, skills, and life paths may have nothing in common, but we gather behind a vision and sail together towards our ambitious goals.
Are you looking to take on a new challenge? Let's talk.
The Team and Role
At air up, data has always been at the core of our strategic vision. As we enter our next phase of rapid growth, the role of data is more vital than ever in further growing and scaling our business.
As VP Data & AI, you will join a small team of world-class technology and product leaders and report directly to the CTO. You will lead our Data and AI function, playing a pivotal role in defining air up's data-centric culture. Your focus will be on enabling informed decision-making, innovation, and scalable growth. In addition to owning the overarching strategy, you will manage and continue to grow a multidisciplinary team of individual contributors organised into data analytics, data science, and data engineering sub-teams.
This role offers a unique opportunity for significant impact but also comes with the challenges of adapting to rapid changes and meeting high expectations. Striking the right balance between long-term strategy and short-term deliverables, especially while scaling both the team and technology, will be crucial for success.
What You’ll Do
In a nutshell, you are expected to significantly contribute to air up's success by leveraging data for informed decision-making, innovation, growth, and scalability.
- Scaling: Lead major technical and socio-technical initiatives to scale data analytics in line with air up's evolving growth and needs.
- Culture: Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making across the organisation.
- Innovation and Growth: Partner with Product, Engineering, and executives to integrate data and AI capabilities into our digital products and growth strategy.
Communication and Collaboration
- Vision: Develop and lead with a compelling vision and robust strategy that inspires and aligns the company.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Forge strong relationships across the organisation to tackle data-related challenges and empower stakeholders to leverage data to reach their objectives.
- Enablement: Enhance data literacy across the company to maximise value derived from skilful data use.
- Technical Decision-Making: Make key technical decisions concerning our data platform and architecture to ensure scalability, quality, and security.
- Expertise: Lead and influence through deep technical expertise and authority.
- Innovation: Harness state-of-the-art AI and machine learning techniques to advance our company mission and maximise business outcomes.
- Ownership: Assume ownership of outcomes attributed to data-driven initiatives.
- Project Delivery: Ensure that data projects are delivered on time, within scope, and on budget.
- Agile and Lean: Implement agile and lean values and practices to accelerate learning and value creation.
- Leadership: Lead and mentor a multidisciplinary team of data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers.
- Culture: Instil a strong culture of agile and lean thinking within the team.
- Performance: Uphold a high standard of excellence within the team through strategic recruitment of top talent and proactive performance management.
- You hold an advanced degree in Computer Science or a closely related field, equipping you with a solid foundation in analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- You have served at the Engineering Director level or in a similar high-ranking position that requires a strong mix of technical expertise, leadership, and organisational savvy. Your career spans 10–15 years in technical roles, with at least five years in management.
- You possess a customer-focused mindset and a strong ability to connect customer use cases to technology solutions. You always think holistically and can easily bridge the gap between technical and non-technical realms.
- You can lead highly technical ICs, articulate technical strategies to executives, collaborate with Product Managers, and effectively bring non-technical stakeholders on board.
- You have created advanced data platforms and implemented scalable, decentralised data architectures like data mesh, while also demonstrating adaptability to the unique needs of different organisations.
- You have a track record of building high-performing technical teams and developing strong leaders.
- You are a strong advocate for agile and lean methodologies, understanding that they accelerate learning, encourage experimentation, and drive success.
- You thrive when leading through change and ambiguity and can steer the ship even in turbulent waters.
- You are not only exceptional at your work, but also humble, open-minded, and a pleasure to work with and be around. 🤗
But what’s in for you?
🏖 30 days of vacation
🏷 discount on our products
💰 employer-funded pension
👟 discount on Urban Sports Club
📈 personal development
🎉 regular team events
🏁 start-up spirit
air up® have developed an innovative and world-first drinking system. Through scent alone, the air up® bottle brings flavour to simple tap water and can be enjoyed without any single-use plastic bottles, sugar, or additives. air up is a young, fast-growing company filled with ambitious and creative minds from various backgrounds.
air up® is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an equal opportunity environment for all persons free of discriminatory behaviour. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.