WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As Senior Software Engineer (C++) (m/f/d), you will join the Connectivity Team, and you will be responsible for making FERNRIDE's connectivity stack the best in class for teleoperation. You will develop high-quality connectivity software and tooling, and you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test, document and integrate new software components into FERNRIDE's connectivity stack.
- Analyze, monitor and improve performance and stability of the connectivity system.
- Collaborate with other engineers to make FERNRIDE's connectivity stack the best in class.
- Develop the connectivity API in collaboration with internal connectivity users such as video streaming.
- Improve our connectivity mapping, analysis tooling and vehicle localisation.
- Work on breakthrough solutions for reliable and high-performance mobile network connectivity.
WHO YOU ARE
- Hands-on working experience in C++ programming in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge about software design principles, software development good practices, test-driven development.
- Experience with the IP stack, TCP, UDP and other network technologies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Physics or any other applicable field.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.