WHO WE ARE
Fernride offers logistics customers the end-to-end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. At Fernride our focus on science, research and technology will make us the future Tech Champion. Our passion about cutting edge technology and innovation will enable us to redefine the role of humans in an automated world. With our uncanny start up culture, team spirit, and ownership mindset, we shape Fernride’s successes together. Does this sound like the place for you? We are looking forward to receive your application!
FERNRIDE is committed to diversity. Our aim is to live a diverse and open-minded company culture that will bring the best ideas to reality. Modern leadership principles and atmosphere that encourages you to speak up and be heard will guide us.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Scope of the Job
As VP of People & Culture (f/d/m), you will build the most incredible tech company in Europe with us. Building on a solid foundation, FERNRIDE's culture is built on values and leadership principles and with a solid commitment to diversity and inclusion. We're scaling our high-performing teams from 70 people to 200 to our IPO.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a newly created role for someone to be a strategic partner with the CEO and top management team and to lead the organization through our next growth phase.
The role is focused on building on the foundations to ensure that all aspects of the people roadmap are fit for scaling. By enabling the organization to leverage its potential with the correct principles, strategies, processes, and tools, we believe that FERNRIDE will continue evolving its culture and reputation for being a great workplace.
In the same way, we are disrupting an industry, we are looking for a people leader who is agile, creative, an excellent communicator, and data-oriented in their approach to scaling people topics and teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set the vision and strategy on all people topics for the company.
- Be a sparring partner to the CEO and top management team.
- Act as the key ambassadors and representatives of our company culture, vision, and values, strengthening and reinforcing our culture in collaboration with the People team.
- Be metric (department KPIs) focused, using data to deliver strong results. Assess the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Build and execute the People and Talent roadmap.
- Partner with the Talent team to manage the headcount and hiring planning processes, ensuring that the organizational design is fit for purpose and evolves accordingly.
- Ensuring talent metrics are met on time.
- Own Reward principles and processes, from salary benchmarking, performance rewards, equity structures, ownership, and benefits.
- Evaluate and optimize the use of existing and new HR tech tools and systems for our people.
- Build a high-performing people organization with the right blend of capabilities at the right time. Manage, coach, and develop the people organization setting best leadership practices for the rest of the business.
- Understand and evolve the employee lifecycle to stay ahead of the game.
- Ensure an outstanding employee experience.
- Contribute significantly to further developing the corporate culture and the employee value proposition to keep the excellent team spirit and motivation level high.
- Build up the People data analytics area for further internal process improvement, focusing on professional resource planning.
- Introduce a companywide performance management program, with feedback giving and sharing at the heart of the process.
- Build, develop, and support a professional people development program, including career planning, coaching, and management development.
- Ensure all our policies, processes and guidelines are compliant and communicated effectively.
- Own our diversity and inclusion strategy and its successful implementation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Several years of experience in leading a People department, and supporting a technology startup in the scaling phase.
- Several years of experience in developing and growing talent and a track record building high-performance teams as an inspiring and empathetic leader.
- Proven experience in building people frameworks (e.g. levelling, performance, progression, learning, reward), demonstrating clear principles and the ability to apply critical thinking.
- Passionate about technology as well as operational excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ideally in German too, with internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent understanding of the German labour market (Labour law, local recruitment, regulation).
WHAT WE OFFER
Our accomplishments are based on team effort, and we want all our people to benefit from it:
- Competitive salary as well as company shares.
- Flexible working hours and remote work.
- Team events and quarterly offsite.
- Regular teleoperation driving lessons.
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving office culture
- All-day breakfast.
- 30 days of vacation.
- Snacks / beverage.