Who are we?
Invisible Technologies helps fast-growing companies scale efficiently by offering them Operations-as-a-Service: a synthesis of automation, human specialization, and strategic consulting.
We start at the goal level, getting deep into our clients’ businesses and the problems that they’re facing. We break down their goals & problems into processes that we can run for them. These processes are broken down into automated and human-run steps. We believe that anything that can be automated, should be automated. But that there will always need to be a human-in-the-loop to run the best operation.
Our team is made up of 75+ strategic team members who own equity in the company (our “Partners”) as well as 1600+ team members who are running our service and core company functions (our “Agents” & “Specialists”).
We believe that…
- Our Mission is to unlock the creative potential of people and companies; we are the engine that powers innovation.
- Our Clients are pioneers of innovation; in industries ranging from AI to insurance to solar, many of our clients are well-known and on the cutting edge of technology and strategy.
- Ownership is our guiding value; every partner on the team is the “CEO” of their area - each of us are empowered to jump in and solve the problems in front of us.
- Meritocracy creates alignment; the value someone produces should be reflected back in the position of responsibility and compensation that they receive.
- Transparency is vital for us to run an entirely remote organization; what one of us knows, all of us should know.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will be ensuring your clients receive world-class service through strategic partnership, high-quality results, and constant improvement.
To achieve this, your direct reports will include a team of operations managers and analysts and your indirect reports (reporting to operations managers).
In addition to managing your team and clients, you work with other Invisible senior leaders to identify company goals, create and map out new processes, measure quality, measure impact, and move Invisible forward.
- Operations Management: Managing a team of several Operations Managers and Operations Analysts as they manage the production of high-quality work efficiently, on time, and within budget.
- Client Management: Partnering with a small set of clients at both the strategic and tactical level, working with them to define their needs, map their processes, and ensure the target hits the mark.
- Product Ownership: Pairing with an Invisible Product Manager to upgrade our platform to better achieve client goals. An ability to “speak Product” and think in systems is essential to individual and company success.
Who we want
A Director of Operations is a very tech-savvy and flexible partner that excels in multiple dimensions. This flexibility is key to continuing our high growth trajectory.
There are 3 critical skills and capabilities that we look for in this role:
1) The best Directors are strong, creative technical project managers who understand how to lead, motivate, and manage a global team (experience with international freelancers is ideal).
2) You must be a client-facing leader. This role requires high-level strategic interaction with some of the largest and most well-known companies in the world as you help them solve complex technical problems. Have you led a client-facing team before?
3) You’ll be one of the first 100 partners at a company that’s changing the way humans do business every day, a company that will be a household name very soon. The expectation is that you’re a highly entrepreneurial and innovative leader and thinker capable of seeing the future.
Additional qualifications that are not required but would be desired are:
- Experience with project management
- Experience managing a team of 20+ people
Compensation & Benefits
- Working Times: US (EST or PST) Hours
- 2023: $140,000 annual OTE (base + bonus) + equity!
- Additional opportunities to earn more equity and increase your ownership percentage of the company, through promotions and through re-distribution of re-acquired shares via buybacks.
- Healthcare Benefits (or Stipend Option)
- Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days
- Work Remotely