Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Head of Fulfilment
Oversee warehouse management, facilitating the Inbound, Inventory, Outbound and After Sales departments to achieve their KPIs and targets. Ensure process standardization and optimization to improve the overall efficiency of the warehousing operations for Jumia Services.
Key Result Areas:
- Create KPIs and implement simple systems for evaluating and improving performance.
- Use order life analysis to monitor end-to-end warehouse processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Setup and continuously improve warehouse operations processes.
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes.
- Oversee daily reporting on Backlog / Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status.
- Liaise with the technical teams as well as the local teams on all matters related to warehousing systems.
- Controlling Out-of-Stock (OOS).
Finance, Stock, Fulfilment & Warehouses:
- Ensure that all financial processes associated with warehouse for each financial month, quarter and year end are executed accurately and in a timely manner at Executive level.
- Ensure all necessary processes are in place to ensure no stock is lost in the warehouse, stock counts are accurate, and any variances are fully investigated.
- Ensure adequate stock management tools and processes are in place to enable efficient working across Jumia online shops.
- Bachelors’ Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering)
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and workbooks.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years FMCG, E-Commerce or warehouse management experience.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English, French, and/or Arabic (depending on base location).
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis.
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations.
- Experience of E-commerce fulfillment best practice, with an understanding of customer and seller behavior.
Skills and Competences:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive.
- Loss recovered to write-off ratio.
- Adherence to customer and vendor SLA promise.
- Accuracy of Quality Checks.
- Unit costs of fulfilment operations.
- Shipment order.
- Quality and Compliance of Inventory storage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders