Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
What we are looking for
Looking for an experienced finance professional to join the Jumia Investor Relations & Corporate Development team, reporting to the SVP Investor Relations & Corporate Development.
This person will be a key contact point for investors and research analysts and work in close partnership with a number of internal parties including the senior leadership of Jumia, Finance and FP&A, Business Intelligence, Legal and Public Relations.
- Central role in the preparation of quarterly earnings materials including review and analysis of financial performance and drafting of all relevant communication materials: earnings release, presentation, script and Q&A
- Monitor sell-side research and maintain analyst consensus model
- Conduct peer reporting benchmarking analysis to identify key industry trends relevant to Jumia
- Assist with investor targeting and engagement. Manage the Investor Relations calendar including the planning of investor conferences, non-deal roadshows etc.
- Assist in handling investors and analysts’ enquiries, ensuring responses are timely, accurate and consistent with the agreed upon messages and disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of strategic updates for the Supervisory Board
- Support fundraising efforts including transaction planning and execution
- Assist in developing the Jumia sustainability strategy and disclosure targets
- Engage internal stakeholders across key functions to embed sustainability practices in the business
- Prepare periodic ESG updates for public market participants
- Assist in portfolio optimization efforts, including asset acquisitions and disposals
- Coordinate due diligence efforts across internal teams and external advisers, including financial, commercial, legal and tax
- Assist with financial modelling for valuation purposes
- Assist with transaction structuring and closing
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar field. CFA a plus, but not required
- 7+ years experience working in financial services: investment banking, equity research, investor relations, private equity, audit or related work
- Strong financial and investment analysis capabilities, including experience with financial modeling and valuation. Experience with Factset or similar service is a plus
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills with strong attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Confident in public speaking and Q&A situations
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders