Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
About Jumia Cairo Tech Center
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Cairo Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Cairo Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders in both Portugal and Egypt. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
What you will be doing
- Managing day-to-day operations task in the Hubs
- Follow hub performance
- Monitoring and sharing the needed numbers of DAs during normal and peak times
- Invoice management with hubs
- Cash collection workflow upgrade
- Pending packages on SLA
- Ensure achieving proper success rate per DA
- Enhance the first attempt success rate.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics and Supply Chain environment
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
- Rigor, attention to detail and versatility
- Ability to work collaboratively, diagnose problems and identify and lead the appropriate solutions
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously - results orientation - while retaining all information
- Bias for action, strong work ethic and desire to achieve excellence
- English proficiency
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders