Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
Mentimeter’s vision is to transform presentations and meetings into fun and interactive experiences by making it easy to listen and to be heard. We believe in giving everyone a voice, in every meeting and presentation. We are building a modern, friendly, and diverse product-first tech company based in Stockholm and now, we are looking for a Account Executive to join our team.
As an Account Executive, you are part of a highly successful sales team. You will be responsible for closing contracts with some of the largest companies globally, and to your help, you have the entire sales team, marketing, and product. The Enterprise potential is huge since the love of our product has made it grow to over 200 million users and self-service customers in more than 220 countries. We scale our business in a smart, data-driven and fast-paced way.
You will work both with inbound inquiries (from companies that have seen the growth of Mentimeter happening in their organization) as well as engaging prospects with data-driven outbound activity (only to companies that are already using Mentimeter).
We are looking for a colleague with high energy, an entrepreneurial tempo, and the ability to work closely with our marketing and product colleagues, with a strong focus on business opportunities and sales. We are looking for a team player, not an individualist.
Mentimeter is a service that is loved globally and our growth has been almost 100% organic. Sales are currently growing over 10% per month and you will be a driving force to accelerate that growth even further!
We believe that a brilliant person with the right ambition can really leverage their time at Mentimeter. We are growing fast, and with us, so can you. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager to develop Mentimeter as a company to a world-leading position. You will be one of the leading individuals making this happen!
We strongly believe in the power of together, and we put a lot of effort into collaboration, teamwork and helping each other whenever needed. We believe that every part of Mentimeter, from Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives to Frontend developers and marketing managers contribute equally to our continued success. To foster and emphasize this culture and way of working, we apply a non-commission based salary model in our sales roles, which has proven to be very successful and appreciated across the team.
Read about our benefits & perks here.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Manage and close high-level business in a fast-moving sales environment
- Prospect to build your pipeline and build strong relationships with clients
- Ability to assess business opportunities and use data to make informed decisions and persuade others
- Selling to early adopters and those adopting Mentimeter for the first time
- Close new logo business consistently at or above quota level
- Facilitate an efficient transition of won business to the Customer Success team
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and document and distribute competitive information
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the Product, Marketing and Sales teams
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with sales management on the pipeline status
What resources do we have to support you:
- World-class lead-generation from the Marketing and Product teams
- Marketing and Sales team to support in analysis and tactics
- Sales Development Representatives to support in lead qualification
- Sales Operation function
- Professional CRM and data gathering services (Intercom, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Salesforce)
Must haves for the role:
- At least 1 year of high volume / transactional B2B sales
- Working with a CRM platform
- Ability to assess business opportunities and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Knowledge of software contract terms and conditions with the ability to create fair transactions
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills
- Ability to manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously while positioning company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Sustain success in acquiring new business or customer acquisition
- You are required to have professional level English - we sell to 220+ countries globally today
- Excellent communication skills
- Legally eligible to work in Toronto Canada is a must
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience in selling SaaS
- Bachelor or Master's degree (field not important)
The recruitment process consists of:
- Personality test and logical ability test
- Introduction Interview
- Business Case
- Competence Interview
- Culture Interview
Mentimeter is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection processes in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act and the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodations during the application and hiring processes, please notify us and we will work with you on suitable accommodation(s), to the point of undue hardship.
What Mentimeter can offer:
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Barcelona, Lisbon, Palermo, Madrid, cities South of Toronto (for our Toronto colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. You can read more about our benefits & perks here.
Culture at Mentimeter:
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.
You can read about our culture here.