Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
As a SDR, you will contribute by generating new business by qualifying leads and driving various outbound campaigns. You will also focus on the development of each qualified lead to pass to your team of Account Executives and Relationship Managers. As an SDR you will learn and understand the key fundamentals of successful SaaS sales.
We are looking for a colleague with high energy, an entrepreneurial tempo, with a strong focus on business opportunities and sales. The ideal candidate is someone who can start relationships with some of the largest companies in the world - and move them from being loving Mentimeter users to large Enterprise customers.
We are referencing the Dropbox and Slack journeys when we see the future of Mentimeter. Mentimeter is a service that is loved globally and our growth has been almost 100% organic. Sales are currently growing over 10% per month and you will be a driving force to accelerate that growth even further!
We believe that a brilliant person with the right ambition can really leverage their time at Mentimeter. We are growing fast, and with us, so can you. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate who is eager to develop Mentimeter as a company to a world-leading position. You will be one of the leading individuals making this happen.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Prospect and utilise various channels, including phone calls, emails, and social media, to initiate contact with potential customers and generate sales opportunities
- Work closely with Account Executives and Relationship Managers to map organisations and organise prospecting campaigns
- Convert prospects into leads, qualifying their needs and presenting our value proposition
- Present and hand-over qualified outbound leads to Account Executives and Relationship Managers
- Maintain accurate and updated records of all sales activities and customer interactions in the CRM system
- Work with organisations from all different industries within the APAC region
- Continuously improve the processes, analysis, and tactics used by Mentimeter Sales
Resources we have to support you:
- Many (300+ million) users, presenters and customers who love Mentimeter (we have a NPS of above 70)
- Professional CRM and data gathering services (Salesforce, Salesloft, Looker, Google Analytics, Intercom etc.) for advanced analytics and segmentation
- World-class product led sales (PLS) motion from the Marketing and Product teams
- Marketing and Sales teams to support in analysis and tactics
- Mentimeter principles / ways-of-working
Must haves for the role:
- Minimum 1+ year experience working as an SDR or BDR.
- Experience ranging from either prospecting leads, cold-calling, qualifying leads, driving entries sales process, closing new business, rasearching good fit organizations and/or data driven market research
- Ability and some experience assessing business opportunities using data for informative decision making
- Post-secondary education (field not important)
- An entrepreneur in spirit and salesperson by proof, as you will be part of building Mentimeter as a company together with all your colleagues
- Ambitious and result-oriented
- Flexible mindset and open to new ways of working
- You are required to have professional-level English - we sell to more than 150 countries globally
- Excellent communication skills
Permitted to work permanently with no restriction (e.g. citizen, permanent resident)
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience as a Customer Support Representative is considered a plus
- Experience in selling SaaS solutions
- Bachelor or masters degree (field not important)
We strongly believe in the power of togetherness, and we put a lot of effort into collaboration, teamwork and helping each other whenever needed. We believe that every part of Mentimeter, from Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives to Frontend Developers and Marketing Managers contributes equally to our continued success. To foster and emphasize this culture and way of working, we apply a non-commission based salary model in our sales roles, which has proven to be very successful and appreciated across the team. You can read about our benefits and perks here.
Please note that this position is located onsite at our Sydney office, with the starting date being flexible yet ideally as soon as possible.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.