Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
Mentimeter has grown fast within the Enterprise customer segment in the past years. Today, our Account Manager manages around 2000 existing Enterprise customers with support from our Customer Success Managers. With this growth, we have seen an increased demand for organizations to roll out Mentimeter on a wider scale. This has led to an internal need of driving bigger commercial discussions, and strategically developing partnerships with some of our largest Enterprise customers. To cater for this need, and to facilitate the growth of this customer segment, we are now looking for a Senior Account Manager to drive strategic sales processes with our Key accounts.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Manage a book of 10-20 Key Accounts with full commercial responsibility
- Develop relationships with C-level stakeholders and key influencers in various departments/teams/regions to identify potential
- Secure retention and growth of selected key accounts by active prospecting and understanding of your customer book
- Act as an internal expert through sharing knowledge and learnings with the sales team, assist sales team in high level discussions and develop sales best practices
- Act as a bridge between sales, product and business development in order to proactively seek improvement of our Enterprise offering and be the voice of your customers
- Act as a bridge between sales and our legal team to develop and facilitate internal processes
- Understand customer needs, provide solution that fits customers software architecture and ways of working in terms of license management
- Drive strategic initiatives with Sales Management to develop the Enterprise offering
- Work across our different customer segments in which strategic potential has been identified
Responsibilities not included in this role:
- Closing new customer contracts (Account Executives does that)
- Roll-out and adoption of our enterprise solution with our customers is mainly done by Customer Success Managers (Although for certain accounts that will be done by Account Managers as well)
- Day-to-day support (We have minimal support, and a support specialist is responsible for this)
Resources we have to support you:
- World-class lead generation from the Marketing and Product teams
- Marketing and Sales team to support in analysis and tactics
- A Sales Operations and Business Development department who provides projects to continuously support the sales team
- Professional CRM and data gathering services
We strongly believe in the power of togetherness, and we put a lot of effort into collaboration, teamwork and helping each other whenever needed. We believe that every part of Mentimeter, from Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives to Frontend Developers and Marketing Managers contributes equally to our continued success. To foster and emphasize this culture and way of working, we apply a non-commission-based salary model in our sales roles, which has proven to be very successful and appreciated across the team. You can read about our benefits and perks here.
Skills & Requirements
Must-haves for the role:
- 3-5 years of sales experience, including 2+ years experience from key account sales and leading complex, strategic sales processes towards an international customer base
- Strong negotiation, pipeline, and forecasting skills
- Communication & Stakeholder Management with a proven track record in successfully addressing C-suite executives
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of software contract terms and conditions
- You are required to have professional-level English - we sell to 150+ countries today
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in selling SaaS
- Bachelor or master’s degree (field not important)
Please note that this position is located at our Toronto office, with the starting date being flexible yet ideally as soon as possible.
The recruitment process consists of:
- Personality test and logical ability test
- Introduction Interview
- Business Case
- Competence Interview
- Culture Interview
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.