Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
Mentimeter is already loved by 300+ million people globally and our customers are some of the largest and most innovative companies out there. This will give you, as a marketing leader, a unique opportunity to build and nurture a well-established team whilst working with a product that still has so much growth potential.
Marketing’s role at Mentimeter is quite unique and extremely powerful, the two main stakeholders are the Product Department and the Sales Department:
- Product since our go-to-market mainly is PLG, putting product marketing in the driver seat of being the voice of the customer internally, and the voice of the product externally.
- Sales since our customer journey goes from free -> self-service customer -> Enterprise customer. Today we have over 15 million registered leaders & 115 000 paying self-service customers in all countries in the world - in this database of 15 million registered leaders we have over 37 000(!) organizations that have over 20 registered leaders… a HUGE opportunity for scalable demand generation!
As an Interim Director of Product Marketing you will be the leader of Product Marketing in the Marketing Department and also part of the Marketing Leadership Team. This is an interim position covering parental leave for 6 months. You will work alongside the existing Director of Product Marketing during a transition period.
What you will do!
- Coach & Lead the expanding Product Marketing team
- Build and validate value propositions, messaging, and proof points to drive internal and external positioning and awareness.
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to plan and execute successful product launches.
- Translate new features and capabilities into customer-facing communications in order to increase customer and market adoption.
- Dive into the win /loss analysis and pull out clear opportunities for future growth and changes to our product direction and sales messaging.
- Own end-to-end product launches including defining the go-to-market plans, sales enablement tools, and marketing activation in collaboration with our sales, customer success and marketing teams.
- Be a strong stakeholder to Product department who owns Profit responsibility for self-service customers
- Lead and coach our lifecycle marketing team
- Part of the Marketing Leadership Team
- Drive adoption & implementation of the product marketing charter
- 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing
- A proven track record of leading leaders and high-performing teams, preferably in fast-growing companies
- Demonstrated experience of successfully rolling out product go-to-market strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to turn analysis into actionable insights and clear recommendations.
- A passion for user education & research, content and business
- Demonstrated experience of successful stakeholder & project management.
- Experience from working with some of the, or equivalent, tools in our marketing tech stack (e.g. Mixpanel, Intercom, Split.io, Customer.io, Metabase).
- Superb stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration skills (you will be working with many different functions and people)
- A proven track record of taking strategic decisions and successfully executing on them in a fast moving environment
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience from SaaS preferably one with a product-first go-to-market
- Experience from SaaS with a land-and-expand business model
- Experience with product marketing partnerships
You don't have to know Swedish (daily work is carried out in English and the Mentimeter team currently boasts over 50+ different nationalities!
Please note that this role is a 6 month fixed contract due to parental leave, with an ideal start date in April 2024.
The role is based in our Stockholm office and is primarily an onsite role.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications?
Please apply anyway and let us know why you would enjoy working in this role at Mentimeter!
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.