Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
To succeed in our mission to create a great product experience, we are building a research team that can lead us into the unknown future of the Mentimeter product, fueled by our desire to challenge tomorrow’s presentation and meeting experiences. We already have a great team in place, and we want to continue to learn and evolve as we grow.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our growing team. As a User Researcher, you will help our Product teams gain a deeper understanding and empathy for our users, letting us improve the product to meet their goals and needs better. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to identify research questions, determine how to answer them best, and support teams to take action on research findings and insights.
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, scoping, and overseeing research initiatives to address our design challenges. Your role involves facilitating the synthesis of information, collaboratively generating insights and identifying opportunities in conjunction with product teams. Additionally, you will play a pivotal role in supporting and coaching designers in their research endeavours, contributing to the establishment of best practices for product teams and leveraging insights to enhance their designs. As part of the UX Research practice, you will actively participate in building and evolving the research team, focusing on refining methodology, tooling, support systems, training modules, and providing strategic guidance. The dynamic nature of the position requires effective management of multiple teams and research projects concurrently.
Who are you:
- 5+ years of user research experience with digital products, working in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment with design, product, content, marketing, and analytics teams. Ideally, you also have a background in human-centred design/design thinking.
- 3-5 years of startup or scale-up experience
- Experience using qualitative research methods in a product company.
- Expertise in scoping and managing research engagements throughout the human-centred design process in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (marketing, design, product managers, customer success, etc.)
- Have experience with creating customer journeys or experience mapping.
- Familiarity with quantitative research methods, proficiency with metrics and A/B tests, and ability to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Experience working with ambiguous and unstructured questions, breaking them into relevant, concrete research work streams.
- Strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style.
- Excellent facilitation skills to help lead research debriefs, brainstorming exercises or other workshops to fuel ideation and evaluate product design grounded in research findings.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.