Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
The Analytics Engineering Team at Mentimeter works towards data enablement in the wider organization by setting standards for data modeling, data dev ops and (BI-) tooling.
The team is part of the larger Data and Analytics organization which consists of other embedded and central teams of data scientists, analysts and insight people. Here, you’ll be working on a data ecosystem that serves all of the departments (Product, Marketing, Sales and Finance) with both data as well as tooling. You will have a direct impact on the future of Mentimeter’s business and product decisions.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will collaborate closely with teams across all departments to enable easier and better use of our data. You will be a key member in a dedicated Analytics Engineering team, making sure we can use our data to its full extent and ensuring we have good practices in place for future growth. As such, you will be developing our data models and data quality assurance, as well as supporting the data warehouse and data pipeline development. You will also be a key stakeholder in collaborating with all different teams to ensure maximum data-usage efficiency across Mentimeter, through our BI systems and data education.
With a large interest across the whole organization to become more data-driven, we value someone who enjoys optimizing data knowledge and is incredibly collaborative. Some of the tools that we’re using are dbt core, Looker, Hex, Prefect and Fivetran. Currently we are on Amazon Redshift, but we are evaluating the need for a new data warehouse due to expanding business needs. Today, your team will consist of three analytics engineers.
- Own and maintain our core data models and empower the organization to use and interpret these.
- Own and maintain data modeling standards and the data development experience
- Develop and maintain automated data quality assurance.
- Maintain and share knowledge of data through our BI tools and similar systems for data documentation and consumption.
- Work with data analysts and scientists to develop and deliver modeling to drive insights and in-depth analysis.
We believe you have:
- 2 years previous experience working as an Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, BI-Analyst, Data Engineer or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with BI tools, development of BI features and support of users across departments.
- Experience programming in Python or similar programming languages.
- Comfortable communicating with a diverse set of technical and business stakeholders in English
It is beneficial if you have:
- Experience developing and maintaining data models.
- Experience with Looker and LookML.
- Experience with dbt.
- Knowledge of software collaboration using git.
- Hands-on experience working with defining and automating data quality.
- Professional experience working in an agile environment.
- Swedish is not required (daily work is carried out in English and the Mentimeter team currently boasts 50+ different nationalities).
- A cover letter is not required as part of your application
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway and let us know why you would enjoy working in this role at Mentimeter!
Please note that this role will have its base in our Stockholm office and is primarily an onsite role with the opportunity to work from home twice per week.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.