Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
To succeed in our mission to create a world-class product experience, we are building a strong Design Craft that can help us lead the Mentimeter product into the, fueled by our desire to challenge tomorrow’s presentation and meeting experiences. We already have a great team in place, and we want to continue to learn and evolve as we grow.
We are looking for two Staff Product Designers to join our growing craft. Being a Staff Product Designer at Mentimeter means you play a key role in designing the experience of our product by sitting at the intersection of strategy and execution, pushing the ambition and overall quality of the design craft.
The Staff Product Designer role
As a Staff Product Designer, you are responsible for the success of strategic initiatives and defining what they entail across teams, areas and even departments. Currently, we have two openings:
As a Staff Product Designer in the Core product area, responsible for deepening and expanding our products' core capabilities, offerings and value.
Both product areas consist of several product teams, each with their own Product Manager, Product Designer, Tech Lead, and Engineers. You will work on a product area level with all product teams and the area leadership, ensuring we craft quality experiences and products that users love and align with our business goals. The Staff Product Designer reports directly to the corresponding Design Director leading each Product Area, and collaborates on a strategic level.
- Establish and maintain a high standard of design execution, inspiring both designers and the broader company.
- Develop aspirational designs and solutions that resonate with our product strategy and company purpose.
- Champion the design craft, including visual and interaction design, design systems, user research, and process improvement.
- Facilitate the development of seamless experiences across product areas, ensuring cross-functional collaboration for a unified product experience.
- Engage in strategic decision-making, collaborating across departments to amplify design's impact.
Success in this Role Involves
- Working closely with area leadership, product teams, and various departments to create coherent end-to-end experiences, and supporting specific product teams with hands-on design as needed.
- Direct interaction with our end users and conducting research to better understand needs and behaviors.
- Leading complex, high-impact projects from concept to execution.
- Prioritizing projects and efficiently managing product discovery to address key problems.
- Demonstrating craft excellence through interactive, high-fidelity prototypes and design artefacts.
- Mentoring team members and facilitating their skill development.
At Mentimeter, our Product organization is a dynamic and evolving entity, growing and adapting with each new phase. This is an exciting opportunity for those who are eager to contribute to shaping their role and influencing the team and our ways of working.
Skills and requirements
To thrive in this role as a Staff Product Designer, we believe you are someone who loves the craft of design, has a solid background doing the work, and has found a passion for working with complex, unknown, and undefined problem spaces, looking at experiences from a higher and more holistic level.
You are still passionate about design as a craft and care about the details of digital product design. You are an experienced product designer who thrives on cross-functional collaboration and is excited to partner with engineering, user research, product management, business teams, and the rest of our amazing design team.
You are, of course, someone passionate about the space of presentation software, innovative digital solutions and the realm of Software as a Service (SaaS), eager to keep up with industry trends and thinking about the future experiences of engaging interactions.
So, who are you?
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design, with B2B SaaS experience being a plus.
- Passion for design and detail in digital product design.
- Expertise in simplifying complex problems and creating impactful, flexible solutions.
- Strong user focus, blending data and business insights into design and execution.
- Proven experience in defining strategic design approaches and considering organizational impacts on customer needs.
- Exceptional communication, storytelling, and facilitation skills, fostering unity and inspiring teams.
- Eagerness to contribute to a fast-growing organization and adapt to changing ways of working.
- A keen interest in presentation software, digital solutions, and the SaaS domain.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and envisioning future engaging interactions.
Our recruitment process:
- TA interview
- Portfolio review
- Competence interview
- Alva labs
- Culture interview
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.