Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
The Senior Product Designer role
This role will work in our Organic Growth team, which is responsible for our public website, setting visitors up for success and driving user growth. In a nutshell, they are responsible for nailing the early steps of our viral loop. This team is part of the Commercial Product area, which is primarily responsible for growing our product and ensuring our Enterprise customers are successful. The Commercial Area is responsible for the overall free-to-paid user journey, growing single users into teams. Enabling Mentimeter to be widely adopted in their organisations.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with user research, product, and engineering teams to understand and address the needs of our visitors and business. Your work will involve conceptualizing and prototyping, running research studies together with UX Researchers, and crafting world-class interfaces and experiences. You will tackle complex design challenges, bringing innovative solutions to life.
What you will do
- Together with your team, you are responsible for our website, from its information architecture to how it looks and feels.
- Formulate hypotheses together with your Product Manager and turn them into high-impact design solutions.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment, iterating on designs based on feedback, data analysis, and A/B testing results to drive growth continually.
- Run design initiatives from ideation to completion, crafting user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that align user needs and business objectives.
- Participate in user research, usability testing, and analysing quantitative data to gain insights into user behaviours, needs, and pain points. Translate these insights into intuitive and effective design solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers to reach high-quality implementation.
Skills and requirements
To thrive in the role of senior product designer, you are passionate about bringing true value to our users, collaborating well with other roles and carrying your designs to the highest level of craftsmanship and execution. You are expected to harness the full breadth of your product design, interaction design, and visual design skills as you breathe life into your visionary concepts.
At Menti, we believe in a holistic approach to product development, and as a product designer, you will be fully immersed in every stage of the process. From the initial stages of ideation to shipping and learning after releasing, you will leave no stone unturned in your pursuit of success.
So, who are you?
- Have 5+ years of experience in a Product Design or similar role, like UI/UX or Visual Designer.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking and execution excellence across various projects.
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, and colour theory.
- You have a keen eye for aesthetics and detail, ensuring high-quality designs.
- You like to explore various design solutions and aren’t afraid of ditching those that don’t work.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate design decisions, present ideas, and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
- An ability to balance key business metrics and customer needs to design simple and understandable solutions and communicate those solutions to both leaders and peers.
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset. Experienced with A/B testing, data analysis, and the ability to use insights to inform design decisions.
- You are curious and passionate about learning and experimentation. You enjoy using data and research to form hypotheses and craft unique and testable product experiences that help drive business impact.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.