Our vision is to transform presentations, meetings and lectures by turning passive audiences into engaged contributors. We make this possible through our interactive presentation platform where the traditional presentation monologue becomes an inclusive dialogue. We believe in the power of together and that the most successful leaders listen to be heard.
With Mentimeter, users become the best presenter they can be. Meetings become more productive, participants learn more and have fun whilst doing it.
We have more than 300 million users and customers worldwide, on our way of making the world a better place, one presentation at a time.
About this role:
Mentimeter is on the lookout for talented engineers to become an integral part of our expanding AI efforts. Our team is currently focusing is on leveraging generative AI to revolutionize interactive presentations and audience engagement.
In this pivotal role, you will be instrumental in maintaining our leading edge in interactive presentation technology. Your responsibilities include backend development, infrastructure management, and specifically API development for integrating generative AI into our user experience.
This position presents a unique opportunity to shape the medium and long-term AI strategy of a rapidly growing company that is a key player in the field of interactive presentations and audience engagement technology.
What you’ll do:
- Lead backend development initiatives to enhance generative AI utilization in our services, with a specific focus on robust API development and management.
- Develop and refine APIs, ensuring scalability and security.
- Utilize innovative data leveraging methods to enhance our products, including integrating new relevant data sources through APIs.
- Stay updated on AI advancements, especially in API integrations, and communicate these developments effectively within the company.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and product teams, focusing on transforming research into practical backend solutions with efficient API strategies.
- Act as an generative AI and API development expert, offering guidance on best practices in backend and infrastructure, in partnership with our AI engineers.
- Extensive experience in commercial software engineering, with a strong emphasis on infra and deployment strategies.
- Demonstrated interest and capability in LLMs, particularly in their integration with backend systems through APIs.
- Interest for developing LLM-driven products, showcased through commercial, personal, or open-source projects.
- Comfort in a research-oriented environment, with the ability to navigate its uncertainties, especially in API development.
- Proven problem-solving skills in complex technical challenges, with a focus on backend and API solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, adept at explaining complex technical concepts, including API intricacies, to a non-ML audience.
- Self-hosted and third party GPTs
- Vector Databases
- Swedish is not a requirement at Mentimeter, as daily work is carried out in English and the Mentimeter team currently boasts 50+ different nationalities.
Interviews will be held ongoing. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway and let us know why you would enjoy working in this role at Mentimeter!
Please note that this role will have its base in our Stockholm office and is primarily an onsite role with the opportunity to work from home twice per week.
Learn more about Our Ways of Working - Guiding Principles by clicking here.
What Mentimeter can offer
At Mentimeter we can offer a diverse and inclusive work environment supported by smart and driven colleagues. We believe in continuous professional development for all of our colleagues and therefore offer access to a leadership program (including external personal coach) and relevant education to ensure that we continue to be state-of-the-art when it comes to innovating and building Mentimeter. Your place will be in a growing company with lots of career opportunities, working on a beloved product used by more than 300 million people. It’s not all about work though, we also offer a very healthy view on work-life balance.
All of this comes attached with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including pension contributions. Once a year we also relocate to exciting places all over the world like Merida & Buenos Aires for our Toronto colleagues, cities in Europe (for our Stockholm colleagues), and cities in APAC (for our Sydney colleagues), paid for by us of course. Learn more about our benefits by visiting our Benefits & Perks page
Culture at Mentimeter
At Mentimeter we believe in giving everyone a voice - regardless of who you are. So we build a platform that does just that. Our platform is not only our product but also our organization. A platform where people feel safe, where differences are embraced, a place where you can have fun. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ+, women, people with disabilities, and/or formerly incarcerated people, and a college degree is not strictly required. In order to give everyone a voice, we need to be as diverse as our users.