We are seeking an experienced Commercial Specialist to join WiseEnergy India’s Commercial Team to manage revenues, contracts, insurance and provide to regulatory and statutory compliance management for solar energy assets in India and overtime, internationally.
This will be an integral role in the WiseEnergy India (WEI) team:, including:
- Management of energy sales (Power Purchase Agreements) with off-takers, interconnection agreements with transmission & distribution companies, coordination with SLDC for forecasting & scheduling obligations
- Billing of energy and other attributes, collection management and creation of monthly sales reports
- Internal coordination with technical, finance and debt management team and external liaison with consultants and suppliers as required
- Providing asset management recommendations to clients
- Active monitoring of changes in the regulations of the electricity market in the regions where projects are located
- Coordination and liaison with the officials of government and regulatory bodies representing renewable energy market including DISCOMS, TSERC, KERC, TSSLDC, KPTCL, official organizations and offices
- Management of forecasting and scheduling obligations directly or through consultants, forecasting accuracy monitoring, penalties for deviations, coordination of improvement implementations
- Ensure compliance with obligations and reports to official bodies in every region where projects are located
- Ensure compliance with environmental, social, governance (ESG) and community relations obligations and requirements
- Management of land lease agreements including payments as per the local regulations
- Contract management i.e., renewals, tendering, issuing notices, obligations, etc. related to individual solar farm companies
- Insurance management including renewals, developing relationships with insurance brokers and claims management
- Development and population of relevant information on to the company’s in-house asset management platform (AMP)
- Management of 3-4 local contractors providing part-time assistance on site
- Ad hoc domestic in India, as required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Time management & prioritization skills - things can get a little hectic, so the ability to effectively manage yourself and your workload is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and basic knowledge of Kannada &Telugu - you must be able to organize your thoughts in a way that others find clear and compelling. You will be expected to together well-written, grammatically correct emails and other communications. When communicating verbally – whether over the phone, on video calls, in person or in meetings – you will need to be articulate, warm and engaging.
- Flexibility - being an effective team player means being flexible in your approach and open to getting involved with new things, even if they are not spelled out in your job description.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Technical Management is a broad and nuanced field and we are looking for someone who is truly interested in our profession and has the intellectual curiosity to delve deep into topics and bring fresh ideas into the team.
- IT Literacy - you need to be comfortable with IT systems and working with data (you should have at least intermediate-level excel).
- Delivery focus – it may sound obvious, but the ability to proactively churn through work at pace and deliver quality outputs really matters!
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for our mission ‘to generate a more sustainable future by leading the transition to clean energy.
- Our values: be a leader, build trust, be responsible, be innovative and ‘bring your alpha’.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 8 years in a similar level role
- Bachelors’ degree
- The right to work in India.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A busy role in a supportive team, with plenty of opportunities to learn
- International scope – we operate in over 8 countries
- Hybrid working – we will need you in the office at least twice a week, but you will normally be able to work remotely for the remainder of the week
- Halthcare for you and qualifying dependents
- Annual discretionary bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link to apply or send your application to email@example.com. If you have been shortlisted for the next stage, we will be in contact within 14 days.
By selecting “Apply” or sending us your CV, you indicate you have read and acknowledged NextEnergy Group’s Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a natural extension of our values. Our entrepreneurial culture inspires us to try new things, be open to different viewpoints and be bold. Our Group is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness that values difference and gives space for individual expression. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent and hard work form the bedrock of who we are and who we aspire to be.
We are committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity irrespective of race, color, ancestry, social background, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability and gender identity.