Tamara is a growing Saudi financial technology startup permitted by SAMA, headquartered in Riyadh with offices in Dubai, Berlin and Vietnam. We provide Buy Now,
Pay Later solutions to customers and merchants in the region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent and inclusive financial solution. Tamara also aims to tackle multiple core issues in the retail and service sectors that create friction in payments, low conversion rate and lower average order value offline and online. We have ambitious plans and have already shown unique traction. Tamara is on the path to become the region's next unicorn!
About the role
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented People Operations & Payroll Manager to oversee our company's People Ops and payroll processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for Managing the teams and systems that carry out Core People operations processes, This include designing and managing onboarding and offboarding activities, shared services operations, end to end payroll activities And PRO and GRO partners across the globe. This role will ensure compliance with local labor laws and liaising between department heads, LM, Business partners to resolve and action any employment related issues.
What you’ll do
Manage day to day operations this includes monitoring the onboarding and offboarding pipelines, guiding and assisting team members through any challenges that might arise. also validating and reviewing all documents issued by the team and ensuring accuracy and policy compliance
Plan and oversee country specific annual projects you will need to ensure that all legal requirements in terms of company and employees activities are planned and met within the required timelines of the legal authorities in the country of operation. This includes Tax declaration activities , Medical insurance renewals, and any other company/employee related activities mandated by the law
Design and implement company policies: Act as a consultant to managers and staff regarding policies and procedures. And make sure they are constantly updated and properly communicated . You will also work closely with our GRO partners to design new polices and ensure that our policies adhere to the labor laws
Managing GRO and PRO partners Act as the main point of contact for our pro and gro partners around the globe. Ensuring different business functions are receiving the needed support and guidance.
Quality performance: Manage the end to end quality assurance process. This includes redesigning the service quality index and conducting daily audits to measure the quality of service provided by the team. You will also circulate a weekly report and follow up on improvement plans to enhance the process output. Either through user training or system changes/automations
Work closely with the ops excellence team to optimize people operations processes , improve workflows and automate. You will support the ops excellence team with process mapping and documentation for further automation and optimization. You will also work with the ops team to ensure compliance and smooth transition.
- Manage the company's HR information systems, ensure accuracy, security, and compliance of the company's HR information systems.
- Develop and implement efficient HR system policies and procedures.
- Oversee HR data requests, reporting, and projects, including system implementations.
- Develop and maintain HR systems training materials and deliver training as needed.
- Stay current with emerging HR technology trends and maintain vendor relationships.
- Lead the HR shared services team, ensuring high-quality customer service.
- Monitor HR service center metrics and collaborate on process improvements.
- Administer HR programs and policies, ensuring legal compliance.
- Maintain payroll-processing infrastructure and ensure compliance with local laws.
- Manage employee benefits programs and provide guidance to managers and employees.
- Conduct internal payroll audits and prepare for external audits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR shared services or HR operations and payroll with a proven track record of success
- Strong knowledge of HR laws, regulations, and policies
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with HRIS systems and payroll software
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with HR service center technologies and systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment