Yondr is a disruptor. We challenge convention and simplify complexity. A global developer, owner operator and service provider of data centers, we deliver complex data center capacity needs for the world’s largest tech companies. Our exponential growth sees us looking for extraordinary people to help accelerate us towards our vision: a tomorrow without constraints.
But we can’t do this without you.
About the Role
Are you a driven, experienced Data Center Engineering Operations professional with technical and communication skills, clarity of thought, and ambition to turn our vision into reality? Are you an individual that is a strong believer in the transformative power of technology and equally, the importance of everyday interpersonal connections and listening? Are you a team player with ambition to grow into an engaging and motivating leader that can create the conditions for people to deliver and realize their potential? If you answered yes to these three questions and want to deliver what is listed below, we want to learn more about you.
The Facility Shift Manager will monitor all assets at the data center by following regulations and guidelines set out in Yondr’s maintain and operate model. You will partner with the facility management service provider and be the point of contact between the client and operations by liaising with all parties to ensure any proposed work is delivered in accordance with site policies, processes, and procedures. The role is a shift pattern based 24/7, and you are expected to provide cover for peers as and when required.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts comprised of four on three off, three on four off across weekends, holidays, days, or nights. There will not be a rotating schedule from nights to days and back.
- Escalate and communicate appropriately as incident commander.
- Assist the service provider and contractors in Root Cause Analysis of incidents.
- Assist the service provider in the scheduling of maintenance (planned and corrective) and various projects at the site.
- Track compliance and progress of all maintenance tasks performed onsite including necessary corrective and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Provide oversight of all planned and unplanned activities.
- Hold vendors performing and/or overseeing work accountable for meeting site specific SLAs and KPIs.
- Provide turnover reports at the end of every shift.
- Reports to the Critical Services Manager and provides feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Assist with the Technical Team to implement continuous improvement efforts to increase sustainability and operate as efficiently as possible.
- Perform audits on all systems.
- To ensure the service provider shift teams are performing work in accordance with maintenance standards and industry best practices.
- Complete all required training.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ Years Mechanical, Electrical, or Controls experience
- 3+ Years experience as a Data Center Engineering Operations professional with a focus on the safe operation and maintenance standards of Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls systems that exist in mission critical facilities. This includes, MV/LV switchgear, UPS, Chillers, CRAH Units, Generators, ATS, pre-action fire systems, etc.
- 5+ years of Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Experience with BMS and EPMS, navigating and manipulating graphical interface, along with basic understanding of PID loops and how they operate within a data center.
- Vendor management experience
- Experience reading and understanding one-line diagrams.
- Experience authoring and approving change management procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include explaining highly technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize in a fast-paced complex environment.
At Yondr, we want to enhance the diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging of our workforce to reflect the world we live in. Our roles are potential opportunities for everyone; all interested parties, regardless of nationality, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender, are welcome to apply. We ensure all candidates have equitable access and consideration throughout the hiring process.
Yondr is committed to fostering a welcoming, safe and inclusive work environment. We provide support through our benefits, which are inclusive of all backgrounds.