disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: User Experience Researcher
Department: CX & Design
Reports into: VP Design
Contract: Full Time
About the role
We are looking for a diligent and highly collaborative User Experience Researcher to join the newly formed CX & Design team to help support and enable the evolution of our end to end customer & user experience across our rapidly expanding industry verticals and help all teams better understand our customers and users.
We have evolved at pace from selling hardware and software to selling a platform and end to end solution, and as demand increases to deliver ever more spectacular experiences for live and location based entertainment as well as Virtual productions for Film and Broadcast you will have the opportunity to support the development of engaging user experiences and customer journeys across all touchpoints of the disguise brand.
What you will do
- Collaborating across disciplines to define the problem space, implement the appropriate research solution, and construct a sound, relevant and compelling narrative that inspires action and delivers product / business impact
- Delivering compelling strategic narratives weaving together user, competitive and market insight that shape CX & Design strategy decisions
- Effectively scoping and prioritising research projects across CX & Design, Product and Marketing, including proposing new research to help deliver strategic initiatives.
- Championing the voice of the user, obsessing over the relevant metrics, removing blockers and learning from failures
Experience we are looking for
- You have extensive experience conducting user research in a business setting and are able to execute a range of methods autonomously - such as interviews, surveys, focus groups, diary studies.
- You are highly proficient at translating findings to product & marketing implications and business opportunities with a track record of fuelling business growth with your insights
- Breadth of research method expertise, across both qualitative and quantitative would be advantageous but not essential
Skills, behaviours and values we are looking for
- You are a team player with solid presentation skills and ability to communicate findings to a large number of stakeholders in a persuasive and engaging way.
- You have a growth mindset, solution-orientation, and strong product sense.
- You relish agency and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You are data-driven and love connecting the what and the why to keep the user at the centre of our decisions.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent out there. Our benefits for every perm hire, globally include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Salary - reviewed every twelve months w/ equal pay for equal work, and proactive pay increases for growing responsibilities
- Above and beyond gift voucher awards
- Long service rewards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Gig allowance - £400 (or equivalent currency) on tickets every year
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am , and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices
- Enhance holiday entitlement - 20% above the statutory
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing - subscription to the calm app, weekly desk-yoga and mental health first-aid buddies
- Healthcare cash back plans & employee assistance programmes
- Coaching & mentoring
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.