disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (three.js and web)
Department: Engineering (cloud services)
Location: UK - London
Reports into: Lead Software Engineer
About the role:
The Cloud Services group is a new and growing group within disguise that is responsible for designing and building connected, web backed products and services that will have effects across the entire company. You’ll get to work closely with other skilled developers, and help guide technology and design choices to solve our customer’s always changing needs.
As a ThreeJS web developer you’ll be working with the cloud services team to improve, build and support three.js based 3D viewer applications that integrate tightly with disguise’s products.We work mostly in Laravel (php) and Node. On the front-end we work with Vue and React and extensively with ThreeJS.
Languages can be learned, we care more about your general engineering skills and approach, than specific languages or frameworks.
What you will do:
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Help improve today’s stack, and design the stack of tomorrow
- Design, build, test, and extend viewer technologies using ThreeJS
- Define, build, and document viewer APIs, tooling, and products
- Debug production issues through services and all levels of the stack
- Collaborate with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale and high quality
- Build backend server systems to handle format conversions and delivery
- Build Vue or React UI controls to expose functionality to end users
- Participate in code reviews
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience building 3D systems with ThreeJS AND experience with EITHER Vue OR React.
- Experience with ONE of the following; EITHER C++, Node, OR Laravel/PHP
- Experience with TailwindCSS or similar
- Exposure to standard AWS product stacks
- Experience choosing between over and under built systems, and how they shift over a product lifecycle
- Experience working in a dev team to create and review code as well as fix bugs
- Experience contributing to a software product in a commercial environment
- Experience in real-time systems
Skills, behaviours, and values we are looking for:
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written
- You will have excellent attention to detail, when writing and reviewing code
- You will enjoy problem solving complex issues with a curious and inquisitive mind
- You will be technically competent and interested in building out a product (ie, what the product should do, what else can make the product great)
- You will be collaborative, working with the team, different stakeholders, and subject matter experts to build a product and knowledge share
- You will be pragmatic in the way you approach writing code
- You will be passionate to expand your knowledge
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.