disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Role: Senior Support Engineer (APAC)
Reports into: APAC Support Manager
About the role:
The Senior Support Specialist is a crucial role in the customer experience team. The customer experience team focuses on providing the best customer interactions throughout the disguise journey. You will be assisting users working on large scale shows using our hardware and software. At times you will be working to tight deadlines, troubleshooting issues that are time critical.
Our customers are industry leaders (such as Netflix, Disney, Eurosport) who are producing the most interesting, groundbreaking visual experiences. At times you will be working to tight deadlines and troubleshooting issues that are time critical.
You will be exposed to the full breadth of technology needed to create a successful show (inc and not limited to stage projection, Xr workflows, and our software). We want you to be a highly motivated and positive person looking to push yourself and the team to offer industry-leading levels of support.
We will invest in you and your ability to learn, pushing you to grow and expand in the role and the company. You will be surrounded by an experienced team that can help you develop and improve. disguise is passionate about providing industry-leading support services across the world.
What you will do:
- Participate in development meetings for junior members of the team
- Upskill members of the support team with your previous industry knowledge
- Where necessary, distribute cases to the rest of the team. Considering the specialist knowledge in the team
- Own high priority customer cases and communicate with the customer to resolve issues
- Monitor and respond to incoming email and phone inquiries, ensuring we are delivering the highest level of support
- Prioritise incoming support cases, escalating critical cases
- Write and share knowledge via customer focussed knowledge base articles
- Help projects team with large scale productions, requiring specific features and integration
- Interact with members of the team and clients via Slack, Service Cloud, email and phone to aid in support for all disguise product range
- Prioritise incoming support cases, and escalate critical cases
- Aid other Support technicians with on-site support visits
- Work with the Development & Q&A teams - feedback and logging of software and hardware issues
- Assist the Sales & Support team with Demo setups and events/trade shows
- Server Prep for Sales / Demos / Issue Re-productions
- Continually learn and expand your knowledge in areas that you are passionate about and improve the level of support you can deliver, as well as assisting members of the support team
- Be online one weekend in every 6-8 weeks, followed by a 4 day weekend off work the following week
Experience we are looking for:
- Commercial experience in working on large scale shows as a head video department working to a show critical timescale in one or more of the following industries: Touring Music, Theater Production, Film/Movie Shoot, Permanent Install
- Hands on experience with LED screens, LED processors, projectors, lighting consoles, Redspy Mo-sys camera tracking in a commercial environment
- Hands on experience of software such as, disguise (d3), Unreal Engine (blueprint and levels, exposing parameters), Unity, Notch, Blender or equivalent modeling programs (3d modeling and uv mapping)
- Commercial Experience of integration of disguise and automation networks such as PosiStageNet
- Commercial experience of video hardware, eg differences in video signals (SDI, DVI, HDMI etc), advance video signaling (progressive vs interlaced, colour bitrate, sampling), GenLock, video system flow and schematics
- Commercial experience with at least ONE third party integration used for advanced video systems
- Commercial experience of managed networks, eg Cisco, NVIDIA, Ubiquiti
- Experience mentoring or upskilling more junior members of the team
- Experience troubleshooting complex, technical problems
- Commercial experience of Camera Tracking Systems (MOSYS, Stype, NCAM)
- Extensive experience with at least ONE media server (disguise, Pixera, Watchout, Hippotizer etc…)
- Experience in a client facing role
Skills, behaviour and values we are looking for:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Ability to travel if required
- Flexibility with working hours
- You will have excellent attention to detail, to enable you to log processes and capture data accurately
- You will have clear communication, both verbal and written, to interact with both customers and the internal teams at disguise
- You will enjoy problem solving with a curious and inquisitive mind, to investigate a technical issue and get to the heart of the problem
- You will be collaborative, working with the support team to resolve complex issues, as well as knowledge share
- You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with complex time critical issues
- You will have the resilience to keep experimenting
- You will be a self motivated person, able to manage changing priorities and work with a global customer base
- You will have a zest for learning and knowledge, learning yourself as well as teaching others
- You will strive to continue developing processes and procedures to help continuously improve the department
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.