disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events. Our product range is an integrated visual video production suite that has been used on productions, such as the 2017 Grammy’s Madonna MDNA tour, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, the Nokia Lumia launch, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and many others.
As disguise experiences rapid growth, we continue to expand into new areas, including virtual production and content creation, via our disguise Labs team.
disguise is looking for a highly motivated junior lawyer to work with our General Counsel in supporting the legal needs of our global Commercial, Sales, Virtual Production, Tech and Finance teams. This position will be ideal for anyone looking to join a fast-paced and dynamic company, within the private equity space. The role will be full-time and based out of disguise’s London Head Quarters, in a hybrid working structure.
Reports to: Group General Counsel
Based in: London/WFA
- Commercial – reviewing and drafting full range of commercial agreements in the media and tech space, including NDAs, terms and conditions, services agreements, MSAs, strategic partnership agreements, IP licenses and assignments.
- Production – reviewing and drafting wide range of production agreements, including services agreements, vendor agreements, clearance, music, stock images, talent and crew agreements.
- Creative tech and experiential – reviewing and drafting hardware and software agreements, including SLAs and support terms.
- IP – strong understanding of IP and ownership of source code, workflows and proprietary assets; plus, assisting in protecting disguise’s trademark and patent portfolio.
- Litigation – assisting in drafting of settlement agreements and advising on ad hoc litigious matters, including debt recovery and commercial agreements working closely with our General Counsel.
- Corporate and Finance – assisting the Finance team on adhoc Finance queries, including working with our General Counsel on drafting of corporate documents in respect of M+A deals, issuance of shares and so on.
- HR – assisting on adhoc employment law issues, in respect of employment and freelancer agreements.
- Knowhow and precedents – updating and maintaining precedent agreements, template contracts and presentation decks.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Qualified media and/or tech solicitor with a minimum of 0-2 years’ PQE.
- Solid law firm training .
- The ideal candidate will have spent time negotiating and drafting commercial transactions in the media, advertising, entertainment or technology industries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high output, collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to explain complex legal issues in a simple way.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, in the past year we have also led the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote virtual production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. We are real with ourselves and our clients and share our ideas with openness and transparency.
- Evolutionary. We innovate using our user’s ever-changing needs so our technology remains ahead-of-the-game.
- Fearless. We take the best path, not the easiest, and innovate where it’s right, not where it’s simplest.
- Resilience. We don’t give up until we find the right solution, even if it means going outside our remit.
- Belong. We create an environment where everyone feels like they belong and is empowered to do their best work.
We have a really competitive benefits package as we want to make sure we retain the best talent globally out there.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.