disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
Why we’re here
At Disguise our vision is to be at the heart of every inspiring live content production in the world, by creating a powerful and collaborative platform where artists and technologists can bring their shared vision to life.
With an established range of products, we are leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most progressive Virtual Production (VP) and Extended Reality (xR) workflows. Disguise suite seamlessly integrates with Unreal Engine, Notch and Unity, creating a cohesive digital creation platform from early production design and asset builds all the way to shoots for final acquisition of talent performance.
Disguise is passionate about providing industry-leading Metaverse services across the world. We are a fast growing company who hire bright, creative, talented individuals to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our creator community.
What is Disguise Labs
Disguise Labs is a global network of creative technologists focused on xR, virtual production, unlocking web3 and the metaverse. It offers consultancy and creative services directly to clients as well as research and development to unlock new use cases of Disguise technology, and integrations with gaming and metaverse platforms to create hybrid live experiences.
Why you’re here
The Labs Producer is a crucial member of the disguise Labs team. You will be responsible for project management of creative projects, direct to client scopes, research and development initiatives for the metaverse as well as operations of our Labs Creative Studio. Your role includes management of projects, budgets, events, scheduling, resource management & studio/office operations.
We want you to be excited about the blending of technology and entertainment and have a passion for creative technology and innovation. We will invest in you and your ability to learn, pushing you to grow and expand in the role and the company. You will be surrounded by an experienced team that can help you develop and grow.
What you’re here to do
- Lead key projects through the full life cycle from brief, ideation, client presentations through to production execution and client delivery
- Take active control of Resources for all projects
- Take active control of studio budget and expenditure
- Take active control of multiple key strategic projects including time management, stakeholder management
- Take active control of LED stage management, scheduling and event management.
- Manage multiple productions including management of internal & external resources.
- Work to, and enforce correct project procedures, chasing of content & other project requirements.
- Schedule and direct our team of interns
- Clear communication & monthly reporting to HQ
- Work collaboratively with global internal and external teams. Especially liaising with the disguise Labs (UK).
- Make decisions within given tolerance
What you need to know
- Ability to work with senior creatives to interpret ideas and translate them into deliverable project plans and budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, to budget, on time and to a high quality.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Knowledge of production management and projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Someone who is flexible, innovative and forward thinking.
- First class communication, analytical, problem solving and team management abilities.
- Create and sustain a positive and productive team culture to ensure success.
- Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate communication with teams in other time zones including US and UK.
- An ability to work and communicate clearly within a small, nimble team and a fast growth SME.
- A passion for creative technology and an enthusiasm for unlocking workflows for the metaverse
- Prior experience of working in a creative environment - eg VFX, film, creative agency, gaming
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and project management principles
- Industry network of creative talent (animators, editors, 3D artists, D3 operators, devs, videographers etc) to scale the team as required.
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.