disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
We are open to part time workers for this position, please let us know your requirements with your application.
About disguise Metaverse Labs
disguise Labs is a global network of creative technologists focused on xR, virtual production, web3 and the metaverse. It offers consultancy and creative services directly to clients as well as research and development to unlock new use cases of disguise technology, and integrations with gaming and metaverse platforms to create hybrid live experiences.
About the role
This position is pivotal in ensuring the efficient management & financial integrity of the New Zealand Metaverse Labs initiative for the disguise group. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, hands-on, individual to oversee financial aspects for the New Zealand team with support from the team out of our London HQ.
disguise has aggressive growth plans for the next 5 years which this colleague will help us to reach our goal of becoming a $1billion valued tech unicorn.
What you will do
- Work with the leadership team to establish, elevate and maintain the finances of a dynamic business to enable success.
- Managing all day to day financials from AP, AR, Treasury and reporting for Labs New Zealand.
- Working closely with the Labs Producer to ensure WIP and utilisation rates of creative teams are tracked accurately in relation to budgets, timesheets, analysis etc
- Assisting with client fee proposals and estimates, income and cost analysis where required
- Assisting in the month end close for the Disguise Group of Companies.
- Manage the preparation and review of reconciliations of all material balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis for the Labs entity.
- Ensure SLAs within the team are adhered to and education for the wider business for financial best practices across a rapidly growing business.
- Ensuring expense reconciliations are updated by the team
- Raising POs and payments
- Play a key role in the completion of annual statutory financial statements for New Zealand and respond in a timely manner to avoid any audit delays.
- Assisting with any GST/Corporation filings
- Working with the UK team to ensure monthly numbers are reviewed and reconciled.
- Evaluating cost efficiencies
Experience we are looking for:
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of Local New Zealand Taxes
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (must be strong on pivot tables, look-up functions and using complex formulas)
- Strong Analytical and decision-making skills
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to work some cross over times with the UK
Desirable Requirements (but not essential)
- Experience working in Private Equity and B2B environment
- Experience within a high growth finance team environment
Skills, behaviour and values we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a creative environment alongside creative technologists
- Organised and efficient, able to prioritise workload.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills, processes and systems
- Ability to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Results-driven with high attention to detail and accuracy
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.