disguise sits at the heart of the most inspiring live and virtual experiences in the world, leading the market in building a software and hardware solution that designs, sequences and controls the most spectacular productions across film and TV, broadcast, live and corporate events.
The Creative Technologist reports to the Head of Labs and works in partnership with key internal departments, external companies, contractors, freelancers and strategic partners to deliver complex creative projects. The Creative Technologist, under the guidance of the Head Of Labs will represent disguise as a leader in the field of video technology and creative thinking - specialising in a deep understanding of the complete picture of the technology and the creative. Creative technologists will specialise in either Content or Tech, with a base understanding of both.
The Creative Technologist (Virtual Production) will have knowledge of the following areas:
- Consulting and commissioning managed complex projects in Virtual Production, Broadcast and fixed install environments.
- Research and Development of innovative new concepts, technologies and integrations for disguise.
- Support for complex productions including testing of 3D engines, working with developers to find solutions for customers and connecting creatives with the correct technologies.
- Content Creation. They require a deep understanding of the content pipeline from inception to delivery. Understand each step - from ideation, modelling, world building and rigging to delivery of real time playback.
Based on global project demand, interaction across other regions and time zones may be required to support the global team.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter with excellent communication skills and proven prior experience of successful project delivery within a creative technical environment. They will need to be confident in managing clients and customers, suggesting solutions and problem solving.
- Spend approximately 50% of time supporting productions either pre or during.
- Research and develop new features or products to guide and advise on disguise XR and virtual production strategy & product developments
- Work in the field with customers to observe and troubleshoot issues.
- Train associates both in the field (to expose them to industry and product usage) and in the office
- Develop strategic partnerships with clients & partners
- Evangelism for customer / project needs.
- Ensure strong & clear communication between all parties in a given project.
- Travel to technically resource complex projects onsite as part of the disguise team.
- Experience of working in the creative industries, especially the Film industry
- Experience of working with other tools ( DCC / 3D package / Content packages ), handling surrounding technologies ( IO , sensor, hardware ), networking, script / programming language basic understanding
- Proven ability using disguise hardware and software products and workflows.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects to a high quality.
- Proven technical skills required to advise and facilitate large scale XR & Virtual Production Projects
- Self starter with a ‘can do’ attitude
- First class communication, analytical, problem solving abilities
- Create and sustain a positive and productive team culture to ensure success
- Someone who is flexible, innovative and forward thinking
Building on our two-decade legacy in the live event space, where our workflow has powered global concert tours for artists like U2 and Beyoncé, festivals like Coachella and Glastonbury and theatre productions like Frozen and Harry Potter, we are also now leading the way in Extended Reality (xR) for remote Virtual Production.
Our award-winning xR workflow has enabled over 300 productions in the past 12 months, for music artists such as Katy Perry and Billie Eilish, broadcast TV channels like ITV and Eurosport, enterprise businesses like SAP and Siemens, educational institutions like the University of Michigan and notable VFX studios like Framestore and DNEG.
We partner closely with Epic Games, NVIDIA, Netflix and many more to further develop and democratize our virtual production solution and enable teams anywhere to create their best story with the most innovative tools.
With offices in London, LA, Auckland, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo, we are a fast-growing company that hires bright, creative, talented individuals across the world to push the boundaries of visual experiences and build lasting relationships with our community.
We were delighted to be recognized as one of the Financial Times’ top 1000 fastest growing businesses for 2021. Watch our showreel to see just some of the incredible work of how disguise products are used
- Honest. Transparency and integrity are core to how we approach each other and our work at disguise. Our culture relies on clear, courageous conversations and proactively sharing feedback with the intent to help each other and the business to grow.
- Evolutionary. We are always seeking to be even better. We push the limits of what is possible so both our technology and our disguisers stay ahead of the game.
- Fearless. Innovation and a pioneering attitude are key to our success. Disguisers are empowered to experiment, work autonomously and grow from their experiences.
- Resilient. Disguisers are determined to succeed and will not give up when things get tough. We are committed to doing what is right, rather than what is easy, and will adapt to finding the best path forward.
- Belong. We are committed to being the difference. Every disguiser has a role to play in creating an inclusive environment where people belong and can do their best work every day.
We want to make sure we attract and retain the best talent out there. For permanent disguisers globally, some of our benefits and perks include:
- LTIP scheme - disguise is aiming for $1bn 'unicorn' valuation in 2025, which would mean a payout to ALL employees (representing between 3 month and 2 years worth of salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off - with minimum time you must take set at 20% above statutory
- Gig Allowance - £400 or local equivalent to spend on tickets every year, to immerse yourself in our industries
- Flexible hours - some people start work at 10am, and others begin at 7am and finish earlier. Create a pattern that works for your team and for you
- Hybrid working between home and our offices (dependent on role and location)
- Long Service Awards (3, 5, 10+ years)
- Belonging policies - including (but not limited to) support for Parental, Fertility, Miscarriage, Menopause and Transitioning
- Mental health and wellbeing support - subscription to the Calm app, weekly desk-yoga, mental health first-aid buddies, Employee Assistance Programmes
- Training, coaching & mentoring
Health and pension benefits vary based on local requirements.
Don’t disguise your differences.
Innovation comes from everyone. We strive to create a workplace that reflects our diverse audience. We celebrate our people for their full authentic selves, and embrace uniqueness. Inclusion and Equity matter at disguise. We create together and we create everywhere.