Creating innovative financial products is incredibly difficult today, and we believe that unlocking the way people interact with their finances starts with enabling developers with the tools and infrastructure needed to execute on their vision.
Stitch is a developer-first API startup with a mission to deeply connect financial systems with the wider world. We provide an API which allows third-party apps and websites to interact with their user's financial accounts in ways that unlocks the ability for companies across Africa to build innovative technology products quickly.
- Be responsible for owning Stitch’s revenue target across products and jurisdictions, setting revenue goals with the executive team and guiding subsequent GTM efforts to drive goal achievement
- Manage the commercial team across new business and account growth, working with our top-of-funnel, mid-funnel, and post-sale teams to manage towards the accomplishment of the above goals
- Work directly with product to understand Stitch’s product positioning and refine the pitch of how we sell various products
- Work directly with marketing to drive inbound leads and produce materials for sales teams to effectively qualify and engage with prospective customers
- Develop customer acquisition tactics (e.g. direct vs. partnership sales, self-serve) and constantly experiment with new ways of selling to customers across each of Stitch’s products
- Lead the set-up of sales analytics infrastructure to diagnose GTM performance and deliver optimisations wherever possible
- Occasionally lead sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships for our top accounts (top 1- 10 accounts)
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts for executive team and financial stakeholders (e.g. existing and prospective investors)
- Work with the executive team to obtain, allocate and adjust operations resources to achieve revenue goals
- Recruit, hire and ensure ongoing training and development of the commercial team
- Maintain market awareness and conduct competitive scans on other providers so as to refine our approach in winning market share
- 8+ years of sales experience, ideally within a technology industry
- 8+ years of building and managing sales teams, ideally within a technology industry
- 6+ years experience on sales forecasting, pipeline management and prospecting
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in payments sales - API sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of the various markets and products that we sell, as well as familiarity with the customer segments that we serve (previous track history selling to overlapping segments is desirable)
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and managing a verticalised sales team defined by product- and customer segment-combinations
- Experience working in early- to mid-stage startup sales where experimentation and constant reevaluation is required
- Experience reporting revenue forecasts to C-level
- A proven history of meeting and exceeding sales targets in prior roles
At Stitch, we want our team members to be able to work from anywhere. As a business with continental (and eventually global) ambitions, we firmly believe that putting the best team together involves letting both current and future Stitches work from where they want to. You’ll have the opportunity to work from one of our offices (Cape Town & Johannesburg) if you wish or remotely. Remote team members will have the opportunity to visit our offices regularly where we have team lunches every day! 🍜 Friends, family, pets - everyone's invited!
🎨 Stock Options
We want to ensure that you own a part of this company, as your work will drive the fabric of the business.
🩺 Medical Aid
Stitch contributes and provides medical aid coverage for all team members.
All Stitchers receive a state of the art laptop (e.g. MacBook Pro) along with a $200 budget to spend on a keyboard and mouse of your choice.
🔥 Culture & Values
Stitch has a culture that emphasizes sustainable processes, kindness, and work-life balance. We value diversity in all its forms and believe that a broad range of lived experiences makes our team and product stronger. This is especially important to us as our leadership team includes diverse racial backgrounds and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
⛽ Our Investors
Stitch is a well-funded venture-backed startup. Our network of global investors include the co-founders of Venmo, Klarna and Flutterwave, and founding team members from Plaid and Revolut.
Our network of investor funds include firstminute capital, Raba Partnership, CRE and Village Global, bringing backing from LPs such as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt and Jeff Bezos.
This funding gives us the capital to make sure that all employees are empowered to do their jobs, and incorporates industry veterans who will help us grow and operate a multinational fintech startup.
We care deeply about developer experience and aim to provide tools and systems that software engineers will rave about. The team has collectively had a great deal of experience building fintech and developer-facing products in Africa and other emerging markets.