Tamara is the leading Buy Now, Pay Later provider in the MENA region. Our mission is to empower people to shop through an honest, transparent and inclusive financial solution. We provide a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for customers to pay with the ability to split their payments.
The company operates out of its HQ in Saudi Arabia and has offices across the UAE, Germany and Vietnam.
About the role
Tamara is looking for a UX researcher to join our product team. Our team is responsible for identifying user needs across global markets and building new product offerings to meet them.
As a UX researcher, your role is to navigate and lead product innovation in an ambiguous space, building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of new products.
What you will do
- Working closely with product and business partners to discover and define customer and merchant pain points and opportunities for product enhancement / innovation.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Understanding success metrics and legal requirements for financial services.
- Designing best practice financial experiences that empathise with customer's needs and given situations.
- Have an understanding of research methodologies and the ability to conduct user interviews with merchants and customers.
- Conduct mixed-method studies to deepen our understanding of the user experience and drive product strategy
- Define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 4+ years experience as a researcher: preferably with a background in psychology, sociology, HCI or related fields.
- Familiar with UX conceptual framework and have an understanding of various workshop methods and modules.
- Ability to create personas and conduct user interviews
- Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
- Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
- Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
- Ability to conducts surveys, usability tests and various user studies