Brainlabs is a digital media agency – we’re passionate about using data and tech to craft marketing strategies that drive real business results for clients. Our 1000+ Brainlabbers partner with some of the world’s largest advertisers to do just that.
Our mission is simple, we want to become the world’s largest independent media agency, famous for delivering high performance and accelerating the careers of Brainlabbers whilst we’re at it.
Brainlabs has always been a culture-first company. In fact, from the very beginnings of the agency a set of shared principles, philosophies and values was documented in The Brainlabs Handbook, helping us create our unique culture.
As with everything here we always seek to adapt and improve so The Brainlabs Handbook has been fine-tuned to become The Brainlabs Culture Code.
This Culture Code consists of 12 codes that talk to what it means to be a Brainlabber. It’s a joint commitment to continuous development and creating a company that we can all be proud of, where Brainlabbers can turn up to do great work, make great friends and win together.
You can read The Brainlabs Culture Code in full here.
What this job is:
- Strategic - you will be a key leader of strategy within the agency, helping push our strategic thinking across clients but also coaching and mentoring those around you to be strategically minded.
- Passionate about marketing - excited about the future of marketing and the ever-important role of digital in transforming our clients’ businesses, consumer behaviours and the society we live in.
- Problem solving - able to come at a problem for many different angles, think creatively and laterally about solving a client’s business and marketing challenge
- Insightful and data-driven - you need to love getting into data sets to uncover insights about a client’s business, unearth quirks in category behaviours or understand what makes consumers tick
What this job isn’t:
- An ‘ivory tower’ strategist that won’t get into the detail: we are looking for someone who’s as passionate about the brand proposition as they are about the media plan
- A role that has rigid processes and structures around it: we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, can thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoys that no day is the same.
- A lone wolf - teamwork is central to our values at Brainlabs and we are looking for someone who loves to drive a team towards a shared vision, helping ‘raise the floor’ and ‘raise the ceiling’ of strategic thinking in the agency.
Give me a breakdown of what a Strategy Partner at Brainlabs does:
- A key strategic partner for clients, ensuring that Brainlabs is at ‘the top table’ helping clients solve for their business challenges
- Passionate and curious about the role platform data can play in understanding consumer behaviour; able to work closely with technical teams like PPC and SEO teams, retail specialists etc, to extrapolate micro platform-level insights into macro provocations about a client’s business.
- Deliver annual strategy for key clients, demonstrating how digital and technology can be a cornerstone of a client’s growth strategy. Understand the broader relationship between a client’s business and their brand and marketing, how it influences consumer behaviour in the real world and what it demands of marketing investment.
- Be a driving force of strategic thinking; the Strategy Partner will be integral in coaching and inspiring internal teams to think strategically and creatively about their clients business and how we can continually drive growth for our clients.
- Bring ideas for new and inventive ways to use data to understand a client’s business and category, continually improve the standards of strategic insight
- Help build a strong industry profile for Brainlabs strategy and planning.
- Be able to understand and analyse a wide range of data sources to create a compelling opportunity for our clients and be able to present in a captivating way.
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- You are proactive, positive and self-motivated and are an entrepreneur at heart
- A strategic leader who has a passion for problem solving and curious to learn, challenge and inspire others
- A strong understanding and passion for how advertising works and a deep knowledge and passion for digital marketing
- Adept at understanding, identifying and addressing our clients’ biggest marketing challenges.
- Curious and passionate about consumer behaviour and how we can use data to understand it
- Comfortable on their feet; able to lead important conversations with clients and stakeholders, confident and inspiring
- Proactive and solutions-focused, not afraid to get stuck into the weeds of a problem to help find the best answer.
- Strong storyteller who has the ability to stitch together complex ideas into a simple, succinct narrative and drive multi-disciplinary teams towards a shared strategic vision
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know!
Please note that we will never ask you to transfer cash or make any other payment to us in order to apply for a role or to work for Brainlabs. Any such asks are fraudulent and should be reported to the appropriate authorities in your area.