Powerdot started with the vision that charging your car should be as easy as charging your smartphone. And so for that to happen, chargers need to be available where people naturally spend their days. To bring this vision to life and accelerate it as fast as possible, we have recently secured €150M from Antin Infrastructure Partners, one of the world's largest investment funds.
⭐Our Mission is as simple as ambitious - Accelerate Sustainable Mobility. And we do it by investing, installing, and operating EV chargers with an innovative business model akin to an Infra and Tech scale-up. So in a nutshell, we help businesses find the right charging solution that fits their customers' needs, and today we’ve joined forces with more than 1,200 partners across Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Poland, where we have more than 2,200 contracted locations.
⭐Our Values: We are partner obsessed and create bespoke solutions to better serve their customers. We love the challenge of making EV charging simpler, readily available, and integrated with varied retail and service experiences.
🚀 Finally, we are all about growing - our network, partner businesses, teams' professional development but mostly the EV ecosystem. So that sustainable mobility becomes a reality for all as fast as possible.
At the end of the day we believe that everything we are and all we want to be, is and will be due to our Team, composed by a collective of creative thinkers and doers with backgrounds from McKinsey, UBS Investment Banking, Oliver Wyman, or Burger King to people responsible for scaling Uber, Glovo, and Lime at their earliest stages. We welcome empowered top performers that apart from sharing our mission and our values, want to bring disruptive ways of thinking and become part of this amazing journey!
As the Head of Deployment, you will report directly to the CEO and you will play a pivotal role in driving the successful expansion of Powerdot's electric vehicle charging infrastructure across European markets.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the procurement, deployment, and subsidies teams, fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and continuous improvement to achieve company goals.
- Lead and oversee the procurement team in negotiating contracts, managing supplier relationships, and optimizing logistics processes for the acquisition of chargers, transformers, and related materials across all markets.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and capitalize on cost-saving opportunities in the procurement process, ensuring efficient allocation of capital expenditures while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Direct the deployment team in establishing standardized processes and tools to effectively manage concurrent construction projects across multiple markets, ensuring timely completion and adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Provide strategic guidance and support to the subsidies team in identifying, evaluating, and securing local and European subsidy opportunities to support deployment initiatives, maximizing available funding resources.
- Work closely with our Hardware team to stay abreast of industry trends, regulatory changes, and technological advancements in electric vehicle charging infrastructure to inform decision-making and drive continuous improvement in deployment strategies and practices.
- Establish Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) to ensure overall alignment with the company strategy and measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the deployment operations teams
- Represent Powerdot in meetings with external stakeholders, including charger manufacturers, industry associations or government agencies, to advocate for favourable policies and support for electric vehicle charging infrastructure deployment.
We believe you’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Extensive experience in project management and team leadership, particularly in complex, multi-market deployment environments.
- Proven track record of success in negotiating contracts, managing supplier relationships, and optimizing procurement processes to achieve cost savings and operational efficiency.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and execute deployment plans that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and interface with external stakeholders, including government agencies and industry partners.
- Deep understanding of electric vehicle charging infrastructure is a plus (not a must), including industry trends, regulatory landscape, and technological advancements, to inform deployment strategies and decision-making.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data and metrics to assess performance, identify areas for improvement, and drive operational excellence.
- Proactive and adaptable mindset, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines.
Get to know our benefits!
- Private health insurance
- Gym pass membership
- Flexible time (you own your time)
- Annual offsite - last year it was in Óbidos, don’t miss the next one!
- Recurrent team buildings in our local teams
Last but not least, at Powerdot we strongly believe that the best solutions and the most innovative ideas come from the coexistence of people with different backgrounds that reflect the diverse world we live in. We seek for a culture of diversity and inclusion - a culture where equal opportunities and mutual respect prevail and where everyone has the opportunity to speak up, challenge the status quo and make the difference.