Moniepoint is an all-in-one digital financial services platform for businesses in emerging markets. Since 2019, Moniepoint’s technology has powered over a million businesses, offering all the payment, banking, credit, and business management tools they need to succeed.
Moniepoint Inc through its subsidiaries in Nigeria Moniepoint MFB, and TeamApt Ltd, currently processes the majority of the POS transactions in Nigeria, processing over $170 billion in annualized TPV. It is Africa’s second-fastest growing fintech, is profitable and was recognized by the CBN as the most inclusive payment platform in the country in 2022.
Your Opportunity and Mission
We are looking for talented and passionate Data Scientist to join the Growth team. Data science and optimization are key drivers for Moniepoint’s business growth and the Data Scientist joining will have the opportunity to build and own the most important models including our attribution and marketing mix models
- Develop, test and productionize attribution and predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and optimisation models
- Contribute to one or more of the following areas: attribution modeling, CAC/mCAC modeling, LTV prediction, marketing mix modeling and multichannel attribution and testing
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Work in cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering and business.
- Develop, test and own our production marketing attribution models for better budgeting and increased marketing efficiency
- 5 years of professional experience outside of an academic and internship setting, in a quantitative analysis role in top companies. FMCG or Fintech preferred.
- Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in the following areas: statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis and mathematical optimisation.
- Extensive experience at least in Multichannel Attribution Modeling and Marketing Mix Modeling
- Extensive experience in statistical programming (Python) and experience working with popular tools such as Pandas, SciPy, XGBoost, Jupyter/iPython notebooks and well-known modeling packages such as PyMC3
- Extensive experience with the end-to-end predictive/prescriptive model development cycle, from problem definition to productionalization and maintenance. This includes excellent data modeling and SQL skills, and familiarity with Cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and analyzing experiments in digital products (A/B test, multivariate, etc.)
- Experience with the application of statistical modeling and advanced analytics to provide product-shaping insights
- Excellent spoken and written English
What Moniepoint Can Offer You
- The opportunity to drive financial inclusion and shape the future of the African financial ecosystem
- The chance to work on innovative and impactful projects
- A dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment where every team member’s voice is recognized and valued
- Flexible work arrangements
- Continuous learning and career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, individual performance bonuses, and firmwide performance bonus
- Company covered health insurance plans
- Pension plans
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with one of our recruiters
- A general interview with the Senior Manager of Marketing Strategy
- A case study-based discussion with SVP of Marketing
- A behavioural interview with members of the Executive team
Moniepoint is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes us stronger and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.