At Payhawk, we’re building the financial system of tomorrow. Our mission is to simplify company spending and empower every business to reach its full potential by automating its payments and back-office work. We help finance teams manage credit cards, payments, expenses, cash, and invoices in one integrated experience. Our credit card and enterprise software power some of the most innovative and fast-growing businesses, like LuxAir, Scalable Capital, Flink, Gtmhub, Paack, Fagor, Travelperk, and many more.
We have teams in London, Berlin, Sofia, Barcelona, Paris, and Amsterdam — and we’re growing. In March 2022, we raised $100m in a Series B extension, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and became the first-ever Bulgarian company to achieve unicorn status. We’ve also raised funds from the same investors as Stripe, Klarna, N26, Robinhood, Revolut, Nubank, and Personio.
Our values include supporting flat hierarchies, taking ownership and responsibility, seeking and providing feedback, managing constructive critique, and speaking our minds. We understand that the best ideas don’t all come from the same place, so we encourage diversity and inclusion in all areas of our work.
The future of fintech is about more than money, and we believe in work-life balance, continual learning, and empowered teams. We’re also on a journey to improve our environmental and social impact and become B Corp certified. From virtual cards to digital subscriptions, our software and automation help take paper out of the equation for our customers, too.
We’re changing the world of payments, and we’re looking for an exceptional team to help us.
About the Role
We're looking for a native speaking German copywriter who is fluent in English and has a keen eye for detail.
As an essential member of the Content Team, you'll be responsible for creating content that encourages lead generation in our key German market, as well as supporting other marketing and business needs that require expert German copywriting.
The ideal candidate is based in London or Berlin and should be a creative, experienced writer. They should love storytelling and have a strong interest in fintech. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working in a team to create compelling campaign content and independently to write/translate and deliver work as required. They must have a good understanding of SEO, content performance metrics, and user experience.
- Localize written content from English to German across various digital and print assets, including blogs, ads, social, webpage, case studies, video and webinar scripts, and more.
- Research and write original German-language copy for lead generation and training resources, including blogs, ebooks, video scripts, checklists and more.
- The proofreading, editing, and publishing of German content.
- Occasionally support German UI and UX copy development/sales copy/customer copy as required.
- Suggest opportunities to improve existing German copy across all business areas, including marketing, sales, and product endeavours.
- Find opportunities to improve organic traffic, update and suggest improvements to technical SEO, and conduct German keyword research.
- Stay abreast of relevant, key German news stories, trends, and events to ensure our content resonates with and reflects the needs of our audience.
- Suggest potential outreach opportunities for content sharing/partnerships.
- Act as a brand guardian for all copy created in the German language.
- Support with German POS/market content campaign analysis, including conversion rate, bounce rate, organic traffic, etc.
- Three years of copywriting experience
- Native German speaker
- Fluent in English
- Proficient b2b storyteller who understands how to create engaging copy
- A keen eye for detail
- Skilled in following briefs, researching articles, and sourcing proof points
- Understanding of b2b buyers journey/inbound marketing strategies
- Experienced in writing for SEO and supporting site traffic improvement and page ranking
- Experienced in measuring content performance
- Enthusiastic about fintech
- Experience with using CMS tools such as WordPress or Drupal and Google Analytics is desirable but not essential
- 30 days holiday paid leave
- Competitive compensation package + pension scheme
- Two weeks exchange policy to another Payhawk office (London, Berlin, Barcelona, Sofia)
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home
- Regular team-wide events
- Company office massages
- Opportunity to use the Payhawk product