Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The CRM channel is at the cornerstone of Jumia marketing strategy with a strong objective to grow unpaid channels much faster than paid channels, as well as achieving more relevance and personalization through automation.
As CRM Manager, you will own the responsibility of all communications towards customers of Jumia Uganda with the objective driving customer engagement. You have a pioneer mindset, you are ambitious, hardworking and have a deep rooted understanding of CRM strategy and execution. You strongly believe in constantly testing new ideas, to innovate and optimize. You are flexible and forward thinking who easily connects with new people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive experimentation on different communications and segmentation to drive the most relevant content for each user by using data mining and SQL
- Run experiment analytics to get the performance and identify similar users to scale up for the entire user base
- Planning of communication calendar for all verticals (Jumia Mall, Jumia Food) based on user segmentation and promotional deals available
- Drive channel performance through data analysis and content testing in order to improve CTR% and conversions by segment
- Manage CRM executives and drive their daily routine
- Review communication plan
- Own CRM channels (Email Marketing, Push notifications, In-app messaging & SMS) for all vertical (Jumia Mall & Jumia Food)
- Work on new projects that have as a goal:
- Optimizing CRM channels
- Drive growth across all verticals (Jumia Mall & Jumia Food)
- Automating the execution part Including more segmentation and personalization on our promotional campaigns
- Drive transition from day-to-day execution to automation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with a solid foundation in CRM or CVM
- Proficiency in SQL and PowerBI.
- Fast learner, accurate, systematic and methodical.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders