Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
What you will be doing
We are looking for Product Owners for our e-commerce businesses to embrace both business and technical side with responsibilities such as:
- Ensure the business vision, goals and roadmap are properly created, implemented and disseminated in accordance with high-level stakeholders needs (e.g. C-level execs) in a challenging and competitive environment;
- Work with stakeholders across multiple geographies to understand the assigned topics, research and specify new site features and enhancements, write user stories and work jointly with the customers to write them;
- Manage pro-actively expectations and communication of all company stakeholders (Marketing, Shop&Category Management, CRM, Business Intelligence, Operations, Development team);
- As a member of the SCRUM team, work closely with designers, developers and other product owners, providing direction and participating in the team ceremonies and meetings;
- Responsible for defining and describing its assigned topics by keeping the backlog groomed and ensuring the features and topics are constantly and properly described, prioritized and refined.
What we are looking for
- Previous working experience as Product Owner/Project Manager in IT; Prior experience on e-commerce, warehouse and logistics topics are a plus;
- Exposure or knowledge of Agile development frameworks - Scrum, Kanban is mandatory (Certification is a plus);
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities, requirements and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Fluent in English (Mandatory).
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders