Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
An Admin & Facilities Supervisor will be responsible for entailing the maintenance of the buildings and grounds of the company's sorting center/warehouses, overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, determining and scheduling repairs or renovation projects and coordinating safety inspections. In addition to coordinating an organization’s procurement and administration system and general workflows. He/She will supervise an administrative team and ensure daily office tasks are completed seamlessly including employees' transportation.
What you will be doing:
- Continuous inspection of cleanliness, electrical meters, and electric generators is carried out daily upon arrival
- Monitoring employee transportation buses, preparing them, and establishing routes also monitor budget
- Monitoring the operation of air conditioning systems and ensuring their condition
- Monitoring the transfer of administrative items within Jumia Service sites, such as offices
- Monitoring all maintenance work with different departments, such as blacksmithing
- Monitoring all facilities and following up with government companies such as water and electricity providers to ensure availability for all employees and prepare alternatives
- Additionally, monitoring weather conditions to take necessary precautions to avoid any damage or loss
- Tracking suppliers, their invoices, as well as government facility invoices along with the accounts and suppliers
- Furthermore, coordinating with Jumia Service managers to prepare for marketing campaigns such as JA and Black Friday, assisting them in preparing OPEX and CAPEX, and monitoring their progress and getting quotations for local approvals
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or relative field
- Proven experience as Administration Lead
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- A team player with leadership skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills
- Very good organizational and multitasking abilities
- English proficiency
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders