saas.group was founded in 2017 with a simple goal in mind: to help promising, profitable companies reach their full potential. We're not just a company; we're an evolving community of digital products. Our growing portfolio currently consists of 18 well-known startups across various B2B sectors such as Online Marketing, Business Tools, eCommerce and Developer tools.
We are an international remote team with colleagues in over 30 countries around the world. Discover more about us in our Candidate's Hub, where you can get an inside look at saas.group, explore our culture, and gain insights into our team. We believe that informed candidates make for stronger hires, and we invite you to explore what sets us apart.
The role is based in the GMT+0 to GMT+3 time zones and is offered only to residents within these time zones.
This is a critical role in our global Finance team that manages accounting, controlling and legal functions in our growing group of currently twelve international entities. You will report to our Director of Accounting and Tax and be responsible for all aspects of accounting for our European entities. In your daily work you will often interact with our CFO, our Group Controlling Lead and the managing directors of many of our subsidiaries.
This position offers a unique opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level by becoming part of a fast growing software startup with opportunities to grow your profile in areas such as consolidation and group accounting, international GAAP and merger & acquisitions.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting for our GmbH entities’ billing, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, and various special analyses.
- Maintain general ledger reconciliations with adequate documentation for all balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for financial reporting, analysis, and commentary of your portfolio and support the Director of Accounting and Tax with consolidation and monthly group reporting
- Run annual financial statements and audits, preparing and filing of VAT returns
- Support our Leadership Team in tax matters and international billing, monitor and prepare intercompany transactions
- Work with external accountants, tax advisors, auditors and other service providers
- Play a vital part in the company's financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
- Supervision and optimization of the company’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
- Mentoring junior accountants (currently 2)
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or Bilanzbuchhalter or similar qualification and at least 3 years experience as an accountant
- Strong knowledge of HGB and German tax laws
- Experience in supporting annual audits
- Skills in any cloud accounting tool
- Independent, structured, solution-oriented and analytical way of working
- Great time management skills and strong ability to stay organized and deliver closer to financial deadlines.
- Strong English skills
The following will be an advantage:
- Datev or Scopevisio experience
- LucaNet experience
- Interest in US GAAP
What we offer
- Ultimate flexibility: We’re 100% remote. You can work from wherever you like, whenever you like.
- Freedom and autonomy: We’re a high-trust team, and you’ll be given lots of independence to solve problems in your own way — with plenty of help from the team when you need it.
- Minimum bureaucracy: We don’t like to get bogged down with meetings and red tape. We like to be efficient and keep momentum steady & sustainable.
- Small & friendly team: We help each other out, have fun, and joke around.
- Unlimited paid time off: We want you to recharge your batteries when needed.