First Digital Trust ("FDT") is Asia’s leading technology-driven financial institution powering the digital asset industry and servicing fintech innovators including blockchain startups, money service businesses and token issuers. The team is behind Abacus rapid settlement network and provides APIs, settlement and clearing, accounting, compliance, fiat gateways, payments rails and open finance infrastructure for the industry.
We are looking for an Accountant to join our growing accounting team. This addition to the team will report to Finance Manager and be responsible for keeping our receivables current, producing accurate and timely reconciliations of assigned accounts, and maintaining compliance with accounting standards. This role is best suited for high energy, hard-working, motivated individual seeking to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, growing fintech company.
Outside of your day to day responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with your team to make continuous improvements to our accounting processes. If you are looking for a team that values new ideas and ongoing learning and development opportunities, this is the role for you!
- Documenting transaction details.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Post journal entries and financial transactions.
- Ensure approvals.
- Maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems.
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements.
- Organizing financial reports.
- Fact-checking accounting.
- Notifying senior staff of accounting errors.
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Reviewing financial reports/support as necessary.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Additional ad-hoc accounting functions as required by the business.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a closely related field.
- Deep understanding of general ledger, AP, fixed assets, and inter-company recharges.
- Ability to communicate complex data clearly.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (especially Excel formulas/PowerQuery), accounting software and databases.
- Experience in Audit and International accounting is a plus.
- Dedicated attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy is a must.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a mid-sized growth company environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. First Digital Trust reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.