Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
- Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy , working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability , reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognized and accredited University
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Experience working with top computing brands and scaling new businesses
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders