Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Money Laundering Reporting Officer Nigeria you will be responsible for fulfilling all the regulatory obligations towards CBN and any other regulatory body. Your responsibility will also include providing oversight for the company’s anti-money laundering (AML) programs and systems in Nigeria.
- Draft, manage and execute policies and procedures which govern the organization’s compliance program
- Monitor and test policies and procedures to ensure they can result in compliance
- Carry out risk assessments and compliance reviews to ensure policies and procedures are being followed
- Liaise with legal and regulatory bodies on all compliance-related issues
- Ensure that the organization complies with existing and developing international and national laws and regulations
- Establish and set the tone of compliance throughout the organization
- Recommend the initiation of investigative procedures in response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct
- Carry out periodic evaluation of the compliance Programs and make appropriate changes and improvements
- Preside over and direct the work of the Compliance Committee
- Govern the responsibility to report misconduct and noncompliance, the path for reporting, and protection from retaliation
- Provide guidance on the effective response to detected problems and proffer recommendations for corrective action as appropriate.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, or Business Administration, or in a related field such as Law Enforcement
- ACAMS certified
- At least 10 years compliance experience which could be in the private sector within a regulatory/compliance consulting practice, relevant government experience, financial services, payments, or comparable industry space as a senior compliance officer
- Experience with and previous exposure to regulators and law enforcement agencies within Nigeria, preferably with USA regulatory obligations exposure
- leadership capacity to develop, influence, direct, and manage teams, as well as influence/liaise with regulatory authorities
- capacity to multi-task, prioritize, maintain flexibility in fast-paced environment, and meet or exceed deadlines
- Problem-solving skills: the successful candidate must be a curious and observant individual able to recognize problems and confront conflicts and difficult issues in a professional manner
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills for reporting purposes, performing liaison duties, and relating to individuals in the workplace.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders