Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are seeking a skilled and results-driven Media Planner to join our team. This role requires 0 - 2 year of experience in the media field, with a strong background in media planning or buying. An integrated role with expertise in digital planning and execution is highly valued.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop effective media strategies and plans
- Conduct research and analysis to identify target audiences and determine the most suitable media channels
- Create media plans that align with campaign objectives and budgetary requirements
- Monitor and optimize media campaigns to ensure maximum performance and ROI
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in media planning and execution
- Utilize digital tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, and analytical platforms (e.g., Adobe, Adjust, PowerBI) to track and measure campaign effectiveness
- Generate insightful reports on campaign performance, providing actionable recommendations for future campaigns
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners to ensure seamless execution of media plans
- On top of all invoice, billing and delivery issues. Knows when to escalate discrepancies to the manager.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in media planning or buying
- Strong knowledge of digital media channels, platforms, and tools
- Proficiency in using digital analytical tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, and analytical platforms (e.g., Adobe, Adjust, PowerBI)
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and extract actionable insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey media strategies and campaign results
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proactive and adaptable with a passion for staying updated on industry trends and emerging technologies
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders