Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
You'll be joining the commercial operations team. Our team defines the commercial strategy of Jumia to drive the growth of the sales volume, margin, and conversion rate across the different categories. We leverage data analysis to decide on the commercial targets, the right assortment and pricing, marketing efforts, and sales campaigns. We boost commercial team members' work by providing them with effective tools and planning to achieve results.
As a pricing and automation analyst, you will
- Be responsible for the pricing leadership of Jumia Nigeria
- Select and scan the relevant products vs. the competition
- Share updated price data with the commercial team
- Lead the execution of daily and mid-term actions to maintain price leadership
- Identify issues and improvement areas that you will structure, analyze, and report to management while proposing plans for solving them
- Challenge the existing status quo and push continuously for higher results (by improving processes and executing seamlessly).
- Lead the development of key commercial automation projects in close relation with HCO
- Leverage your detailed knowledge of local commercial operations and your technical skills to develop scalable automated solutions, to be tested and launched locally and scaled to other countries. Those solutions aim at:
- 1/ Fueling our growth through price competitiveness and stock availability
- 2/ Improving our unit economics
- 3/Saving time for commercial team members to focus on higher value-added tasks
To conduct these missions, we expect you to
- Focus on impact and results
- Be analytical and structured in your approach, while showing a strong bias for action
- Be proactive, challenge the existing, make propositions
- Embrace the complexity of our business and organization and translate it into actionable insights and plans
- Give visibility to the team on your actions, blockers, and results to mobilize our support when needed
Expected Technical and Personal Skills
- Top Business and Engineering Schools and Universities
- Proficiency in Google Sheets (advanced functions, queries, scripts), PowerBI, SQL, and Python
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions
- Experience in e-commerce or retail
KPIs to evaluate the FTE
- Pricing leadership %
- PSA pricing completion %
- Automation project assessment
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders