Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms among others, comprises of:
- Marketplace, where we integrate with our sellers and manage products;
- Mall, which is our core e-com platform that enables customers to buy products;
- Logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our external clients;
- Payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in our markets.
Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs and skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are seeking to meet the future talent in Supply Chain at Jumia! While this role may not have immediate open positions, it serves as a crucial step in identifying and developing talent for future opportunities within our dynamic e-commerce environment.
What you will be doing
- Building a healthy logistics footprint of PUS and DD agencies;
- Create a marketplace of 3PLs for both services PUS and DD;
- Standardise layout of sorting centers and logistics facilities;
- Cost-efficiency of Last Mile and Middle Mile;
- Contribute to tech improvements to increase efficiency in operations;
- Rebuilt trucks capacity & optimisation of routes logic.
What we are looking for
- 6+ years of experience in Supply Chain;
- Sharp, outgoing and up to date individual;
- Proficiency in English;
- Open to travel.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer term objective is to train the next generation of leaders