SaaS.group was founded in 2017 with a simple goal in mind: to help promising, profitable SaaS companies reach their full potential. We are a Software-as-a-Service portfolio company and we acquire small software businesses and help them reach the next level. Our group is a fully remote, international team with colleagues in over 31 countries around the world. Our portfolio currently consists of 17 well-known SaaS companies and is continuously growing. We extended our team from 50 to 250+ people in the last 2 years through hiring and acquisitions.
To discover more about us, check out our Candidate's Hub, where you can get an inside look at saas.group, explore our culture, and gain insights into our team. We believe that informed candidates make for stronger hires, and we invite you to explore what sets us apart.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer for our portfolio company: Usersnap.com.
The role is based in GMT+1 - +3 time zone.
What you will do:
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will take ownership to deliver a set of valuable features that wow! our customers. This role will be dynamic, with high demands on software design skills and engineering knowledge. You will also come up with initiatives and ideas on how to make our code and infrastructure better. You will own your production code and report directly to the CTO.
On a daily level you will:
- Work with the following tech stack: Python, Postgres, Docker, RabbitMQ and various AWS services.
- Work on a highly scalable web architecture that delivers our widgets more than 250M times a month.
- Take full ownership of designing and writing backend services including tests.
- Be responsible to deploy and run a cloud-based SaaS solution.
What you should bring to the table:
- A University degree in Computer Science / Business Informatics or any equivalent qualification.
- 2+ years experience in web development.
- Knowledge about Single Page Applications written in a modern tech stack.
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English. (German would be a plus, too.)
What we offer:
- Ultimate flexibility: We’re 100% remote. You can work from wherever you like, whenever you like. European timezone is preferred.
- Freedom and autonomy: We’re a high-trust team, and you’ll be given lots of independence to solve problems in your own way — with plenty of help from the team when you need it.
- Minimum bureaucracy: We don’t like to get bogged down with meetings and red tape. We like to be efficient and keep momentum steady & sustainable.
- Small & friendly team: We help each other out, have fun, and joke around. We love our culture, and it’s important to us to love what we do.
- Unlimited paid time off: We want you to recharge your batteries when needed.